Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commodore

• 17-12-2002 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I never owned a Commodore computer, and neither (through the freakiness of fate) did any of my friends. As a result I found myself knowing less about these interesting machines than I would have liked. My research into the subject (not during work hours, of course!) meant I stumbled across the following Very informative Site

'Tis a good read but I'd still like some feedback from people who actually owned these computers 'back in the day'.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

I had (still have in parents attic i think) a VIC 20! The height of technology back in 1982. I think I bought it in Tomorrows World in Dundrum, after I had loads of confirmation money (it was about £200) It had a whopping 5K! Came with tape machine and a couple of games. To be honest the sound and colour was a real step up from the green tennis and footie paddle games. Pain in the ar*e loading up games - used to take ages. Was able to buy a cool joystick for it though. The other lads who got a zx spectrum not long after had much better games though. The VIC was fairly crap. Amazing leap in the past 20yrs considering the quality these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Still have a working Commodore at home, even if it has been discoloured to a freaky looking beige colour. If you're into C-64 then you should try and pick up a second hand one on the cheap in Buy and Sell or something because emulators don't compare :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    If you're into C-64 then you should try and pick up a second hand one on the cheap in Buy and Sell or something because emulators don't compare :)

Such nonsense Raskolnikov.... The emulation of c64's on a PC is PERFECT. You can choose to watch a game load (The retro way) or jump right into the game. In fact emulation lets you do a lot of extra stuff ie saving,disk drive games for the c64 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

...emulation...on a PC is PERFECT...

So what did you want that arcade cab. for again LoGiE? ;)

Thats some fine misquoting there Ozpass:) As for the arcade cab.....who wouldn't want a arcade machine in they're gaff! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Thats some fine.....quoting there Ozpass

I know- I worked for the National Enquirer in a past life. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

Used to have a ZX spectrum which boasted a whopping 48k memory, it's probably still lying around in bits somewhere. I remember thinking the C-64 was so superior but I had some great games like Elite and Trapdoor (Excellent cartoon, by the way). I miss being able to copy 15 different games onto one tape!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Which Emu. Logie? and where can I get it? maybe it's me but I can't get any of them to work :(

Why not take a look at the emulation forum on boards and check out the emulation links thread for (almost) all of your emu needs;)
    Emulation board The emulator your after is called CCS64 take a look at the c64 section for links to all the major c64 sites.
    If your having problems with a particular emu the emulation boards is the place to sort them out:)

Advertisement