Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Installation

• 17-12-2002 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Does anyone have a name for a reputable installer in West Cork ???

I'm assuming that given the fact that I have the card I can get any installer to do the installation - Is this so?

Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

No I'm afraid its not so, how will he get paid?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Unless of course, you're willing to pay for a non-standard installation.

I presume when you say
    the fact that I have the card
    you are referring to having a Sky card from previous installation and you want someone to hang up a dish and wire to your digi-box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 KCASEY

No - I need the "free dish" and STB -

BTW how much is a non stnadard installation ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

/me kicks this over to Tony.

I'd reckon in the region of €100 minimum. I've still got to get a site survey done on my place.

Edit - if you've got a Sky card, it still needs to be married to the STB. I think you're better off going for a new installation and forget the fact that you already have a card. If it's a FTV card, you can get that sorted after you get the dish and STB installed. ( I think..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The box unsubsidied is 399 and installation around 120. How it works is we buy box at full price and then cliaim back from Sky but the card must be ordered using a contract registered to us.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I presume since Sky arn't Santa Clause they only subsidize a box once for a Customer? So if you move house etc, you best to take the old box & dish with you and DIY bolt it back up or pay €100 for experienced "driller of holes"?

Advertisement