Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremiah your first thoughts?

Options
  • 17-12-2002 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

A new program started up on sky there the other day called Jeremiah. Did anyone get the first ep? I took a look at it. wasn't to bad but I dont see them having many great storys to play with. Fo thouse of you's that didn't. Its set in the near future (about 15 - 20 years.) all the people on the planet that are going though or gone through puberty where killed by a virus. Now all the kids are grown up and and running things their own way.

Also.. was the black guy with Jeremiah, the guy that used to play theo (or how ever you spell it) from the crosbie show back in the 80's?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

JMS, the creator of B5 is the guiding force behind Jeremiah. Because of this, I'm willing to see how it develops. Interesting premise, but perhaps casting Luke Perry as a waylander type was not the best.
    Also, an 11pm slot on Monday nights does seem excessive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

What day was this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Its on mondays, at first I thought they would be putting it on at 10. but it does look to be 11, unless thats a one off thing (some other show going on for 2 hours or something) I didn't know its was done by the same guy that made B5, guess I'll give it sometime then. As for casting Luke Perry as a drifter type. I think it kinda suits him. he's got that not eaten in a few days look about him :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how long has it been running for? have I missed much, b5 rocked so I'd be interested in checking this out, but I hate joining TV shows halfway thgrough and being lost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Monday the 16th there was the first ep on skyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

i saw this last night for the first time , episode featuring Captain Iron and a woman sealed in a lab somewhere, the one thing that struck me was the cheese factor , it is so full of "lets change the world for the better guys" it made me quite ill, not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im enjoying it myself!! Unlike most im not going to do any Luke Perry Bashing as i actually think he is very good in the role he is playing. Dont know why but he just seems right.
    This Valhalla sector he is trying to find gets more interesting... It was not brought out in last nights ep (captain Iron) but it was hinted that captain Iron knew something, maybe was tortured or experimented on in the place. Possibly its a secret lab where the virus was developed in the first place or something like that.

As for being full of high minded ideals.. whats wrong with that?? The world could do with some ideals and values as they seem to be lost and its not inconcievable for this to happen... all it takes is some retard scientist to make a mistake. Its probably going to be an American scientist that causes something like thats as opposed to sadam or some terrorist releasing a biological weapon.

Advertisement