Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban/Rural divide for tax defaulters

Options
  • 17-12-2002 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, I did a little geographic analysis on the recent list released by the Revenue Commissioners of those fined in the last quarter, or to be more specific

List compiled, pursuant to Section 1086 of the Taxes Consolidation Act, 1997, in respect of the period beginning on 1st July, 2002 and ending on 30th September, 2002 of every person upon whom a fine or other penalty was imposed by a Court

See attached image for the results. It's pretty clear that the spread of those fined by Revenue doesn't match the population spread - just luck at that strong cluster up the west coast.

Comments welcome...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Nice Map. Well Done.

Most Tax Accountants, Corporate Solicitors and Barristers live in Dublin, they are too much hassle for the revenue.

Therefore the revenue goes up and down the west coast, furthest away form the expertise in tax evading as it happens, looking for softer targets far from the evasionary infrastructure.

It gets results and you make a map. How many rich smack dealers in Dublin, of whom there are loads , have come under revenue investigation.?

Have you made a map of where the CAB collects its takings?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hi Muck - Great spin, though not one I'd take too seriously. Got any relevant data to back up your assertions?

If you like to find the CAB data for me, I'll be happy to do the mapping.

Advertisement