Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US - may finance public demonstrations in favour of the US

Options
  • 17-12-2002 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,861499,00.html

"The Pentagon is considering whether to conduct covert propaganda operations to win support in countries friendly to the US. The policy may include financing public demonstrations in favour of the US and building schools to combat anti-western sentiment.

Mr Fleischer confirmed the existence of the plans but said it should not be assumed that they were at an advanced stage. And the president would not condone "lying".

A New York Times report suggested that the Pentagon might pay journalists in other countries to write stories friendly to the US, or hire contractors to organise rallies."

I'm stupefied, where to they get the neck from?

They want to start a propaganda war against the so called free thinking people of the west, apparently our freedom of thought isn't the of the correct type.

Sorry Mr. Yankydoodledandy if I think that you are the worlds biggest problem, can you please come over and 'correct' my opinions for me? What happens if the propaganda doesn't work on me? Do I get the special treatment (strapped to a chair with my eyelids taped open).

Only the US Government could come out with a statement like this, it really is time for them to bugger off and leave the world alone, god knows they've enough crap to sort out in their own country!

edited: cuss words removed

Advertisement