Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is going on in Boards.ie Tom????

• 17-12-2002 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I have not posted in a long time on boards.ie, got sick of mods and their baggage...., but I come back and nothing seems to have changed. First I post about ppl in Carlow it asking who was posting on Boards from the college, the post was in "After Hours". I thought that that post would be ok inside "After Hours". Because there was a lot more ppl posting from the college then I realised I informed them that the last meeting of the Computer society was on this Wednesday and asked them to come so we could all meet (though it might be a laugh). Because of that, and in spite of the fact that we all where still yapping about who was in the college, Monty decided that it was a "LAN party" post which in it's self is not too bad but now Kharn....
    Originally posted by Kharn
    This is a LAN Parties board for talking about LAN Parties - not a college Who's Who board you muppets.

If Kharn had taken the time to bother to read the posts ... but obviously he does not have the time to read stuff he give not a **** about and as much as this pains me Monty you seem to have fallen into the same category.

Previous to that I posted on the "Games" board and Meglome and another mod who's name escapes me now locked and deleted the post after having their laugh slagging me.

After the one above I posted a perfectly legit post about consoles Vs PC's and Meglome (gar, I’m pi$$ed about that) locked and deleted that post to..

WFT is going on, I am trying not to get paranoid but I mean, ffs...

My last three posts were all locked and two of them deleted... i doubt it is personal for I know a few of the mods personally but.. ffs lads, its a community boards. There is supposed to be a community spirit and we are supposed to be all ... well not m8's (that's probably to much to ask) but we could at least be nice as civil to each other.

In my opinion something needs to be done. Tom, this is your baby. If you still care about it you might want to do something..

ALL THE MODS NEED TO TAKE A CHILL PILL, just because a post has more then one topic or will be a flamer does not constitute locking or deleting.

More than likely this post, along with a long line of others will fall to the back to be forgotten... might even be locked and deleted but I assume it will be ignored...

The situation with some moderators is getting out of hand 70 votes

Boards and the Mods are going a really cool job and all is good.
    0% 0 votes
    Some mods need a talking to.
    54% 38 votes
    TThere are some mods that need to be booted (power tripping or not)
    17% 12 votes
    There are two many mods and its getting out of hand.
    11% 8 votes
    Devore needs to reform the whole mods situation (viva la revolucion).
    8% 6 votes
    I’m gone, seeya all l8er.
    8% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Down with the system and all the Goldstiens that spawned it... long live George Bush, Slackware and small green furry things from alpha centari.

Finally our people can be set free.

Che Lives.

WFT is going on, I am trying not to get paranoid but I mean, ffs...

I agree... down with the mods, all they seem to do is take the mickey..... what's more at least three of the mods you have named have been following me.

If that won't make you paranoid then nothing will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Jeeez can somebody lock this thread? :D

Have you considered that sometimes it takes a while to get used to the culture of a new place when you visit it? Perhaps your posts were fine by you but possibly others may have a different opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by Snowball
    Previous to that I posted on the "Games" board and Meglome and another mod who's name escapes me now locked and deleted the post after having their laugh slagging me.

After the one above I posted a perfectly legit post about consoles Vs PC's and Meglome (gar, I’m pi$$ed about that) locked and deleted that post to..

Daragh I can't speak for anyone else but I didn't delete your post. The first one was about college gaming society meeting, I left alone. I made a friendly joke because I hadn't seen you post in a long time.

Your post about PC's vs. consoles was a rant, without any real point, other than you wanted to get it off your chest. I locked it because 1. There were complaints 2. In about five minutes it would have turned into a large-scale slagging match which wouldn't be to the benefit of anyone. This is probably the reason the gaming society post was deleted because you appeared to be spamming somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have not posted in a long time on boards.ie, got sick of mods and their baggage...., but I come back and nothing seems to have ch............................................................taken the time to bother to read the posts ... but obviously he does not have the time to read stuff he give not a **** about and as much as this pains me Monty you seem to have fallen into the same category.
    TBH, there's a perfectly good 'College Play' board there for discussions of that sort. And lord knows when you make a thread of the type "Who here is a student in x?" it becomes a spamfest, due to us students having nothing better to do :p

meglome and shinji probably. And Here's your thread, neither locked or full of slags.

Take the time to to interact with the community, watch how other people post and what they do. You may have registered a long time ago, but things change, communities change, and boards.ie is a helluva lot bigger than it was in 2000. So sit back, chill, read a few topics, post a good few of your own, give it a few months, and then decide what's wrong with boards.ie. No-one appreciates people who just appear, start criticising the community right, left, and centre, when they haven't even taken the time to understand the community fully.

Enjoy your stay at boards.ie :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Whats all this complaining muppetry ...

Monty moved your thread because he felt it shouldn't be in After Hours. He probably moved it to the wrong board (but there was talk of LAN's there at the time). Dav (aka Kharn) then Locked it in LAN Parties (rightly so).

Neither of these two are anywhere close to being bad mods. They just like to keep their own backyard clean and always move off-topic stuff.

As for the Mods in general, there probably are one or two who might need an talking to but for the most part they are very good.

Now can someone please Lock and Delete ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There were maybe 4 or 5 posts (tops) in a thread over 30 posts long about a LAN - it had no place on the LAN Parties board. As pointed out, there's a College Play board for talking about what you were talking about.
    Make 1 post about your CompSoc LANs and leave it at that.
    If your Comp Soc people wanna post about running LANs then LAN Parties is the place for it, but that is not what that post was about.

[EDIT]
    I've re-opened your thread and moved it to the right place.

Now quit yer yappin! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I deleted several of your threads on Games. They boiled down to random spam, attempts to start flamewars, repetitions of threads which have been flogged to death, and the usual kind of crap that anyone with the manners and common sense to lurk for a couple of weeks before posting would manage to steer clear of.

You're not banned from the board and are welcome to continue posting, but I would suggest that you put a little more consideration into your posts in future. Oh, and stop treating boards as a private messageboard for your college mates too; if you want a Carlow college board, I'm sure Devore would be only too happy to add a community one, as has been done for other academic institutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Its a long standing requirement that you have to be a total bastard to become a mod around here. Back in the day with the evil trinity, Me Type and az doing battle against the righteous knights of comeonbanus, and the sexually ambiguous freema$ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Boston
    you have to be a total bastard to become a mod around here.

b0ll0cks! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by Shinji
    I deleted several of your threads on Games. They boiled down to random spam, attempts to start flamewars, repetitions of threads which have been flogged to death, and the usual kind of crap that anyone with the manners and common sense to lurk for a couple of weeks before posting would manage to steer clear of.

Shinji, i am not some 15 year old who has never posted before, I have had about 5 nicks on boards all amounting to about 2000 posts over the last 3 years or so.... I don't deliberately start flamers or do random spam, that’s unfair and uncalled for. you don't know me or know what I am like so don't talk crap about me spamming when I'm not like that.
    So one post of mine was a flamer, so what! It happens all the time and just because something has been talked about does not mean that it can't be talked about again. The computer and console industries are changing all the time and new generations of consoles and PC hardware are coming out all the time. The discussion was relevant to me because we had been just talking about it in the college and I wanted more input. Inflammatory.. yet the post was but so are lots, not a good enough reason to lock the post in my opinion. Are you going to lock all posts that you don't like??? suppose u might...

Originally posted by Shinji
    You're not banned from the board and are welcome to continue posting, but I would suggest that you put a little more consideration into your posts in future. Oh, and stop treating boards as a private messageboard for your college mates too; if you want a Carlow college board, I'm sure Devore would be only too happy to add a community one, as has been done for other academic institutions.

Don't even. The discussion was about people who posted on boards that were in CIT and we were not using boards as a personal boards, no need to if we wanted one I own the rights to a vBulletin so if we wanted one we would.
    Shinji, you don't know me so don't act like you do.

Originally posted by seamus
    Take the time to interact with the community, watch how other people post and what they do. You may have registered a long time ago, but things change, communities change, and boards.ie is a helluva lot bigger than it was in 2000. So sit back, chill, read a few topics, post a good few of your own, give it a few months, and then decide what's wrong with boards.ie. No-one appreciates people who just appear, start criticising the community right, left, and centre, when they haven't even taken the time to understand the community fully.

That’s a fair point, but I think personally that because I know a fair amount of people from boards that I still have the jist of what people post. I am probably wrong but I will know that soon enough.

Originally posted by Kharn
    I've re-opened your thread and moved it to the right place.

Thanx
    Note to mods, please read a post before you lock it or move it. If you move a post onto another mods turf they might lock it...
    Originally posted by Boston
    It’s a long standing requirement that you have to be a total bastard to become a mod around here. Back in the day with the evil trinity, Me Type and az doing battle against the righteous knights of comeonbanus, and the sexually ambiguous freema$ons.

I think that there might be a belief (by some mods) that there is some truth in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

so, why dont you tell us what you think should be done to improve everything.
    why dont you tell DeVore how to run his boards.

just remember, you can always leave if you dont like it.
    this is not your own personal site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Actually snowball, I did read the thread. I had originally locked it, I then reopened it and moved it...at the time there was only talk of setting up a lan at that particular time.

I usualy try to read every single post on After Hours, which takes a good deal of time every day.

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only

I usualy try to read every single post on After Hours,

i have found a new tourture.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Note to mods, please read a post before you lock it or move it. If you move a post onto another mods turf they might lock it...

Yeah you pri<ks, do what he says or you might incur the slight miffedness of Snowball!!?!?!?11111

Note to Snowball: shut the fu<k up.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aint got time to respond in full but two things jump out...

So one post of mine was a flamer, so what!

6000 people visit boards in a 90 period. If each of them posted just one flamer we would have nearly 70 flamers a day.

Shinji, you don't know me so don't act like you do.

The title of your thread is: "What is going on in Boards.ie Tom????"

I'm sorry but ... do I know you?
    Nope? Didnt think so. So dont address me like I'm an old friend cos afaik I dont know you from adam.

DeV.

I don't know me from adam either *sniff*

BAN HIM TOM! BAN THAT SNOWBALL BASTARDO! BAN HIM! BEFORE IT SNOWBALLS!!!!*

*This attempt at humour is sponsored and trademarked by the Amp Institute for Lame Puns and Crap Wordplay Makeupology 2003

Originally posted by amp
    I don't know me from adam either *sniff*

BAN HIM TOM! BAN THAT SNOWBALL BASTARDO! BAN HIM! BEFORE IT SNOWBALLS!!!!*

*This attempt at humour is sponsored and trademarked by the Amp Institute for Lame Puns and Crap Wordplay Makeupology 2003

/me hugs and comforts Amp.
    there there.

I'd feel a lot worst tbh, but beating Chelsea last night has put a spring in my step. Shame we didn't score another, eh?

Originally posted by amp
    I'd feel a lot worst tbh, but beating Chelsea last night has put a spring in my step. Shame we didn't score another, eh?

shut it you tart.
    of course, seeing it live was very nice :)

and i am so disapoointed i didnt get a prawn sandwich in.
    did have salmon though :)

will just have to give you hugs irl on sunday so!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is there anything left to say on this topic? Can people stay on topic please?

DeV.

I'm sure it was. YOU BASTARD SPAWN OF HELL!

This Sunday? COOL!

/me gets all excited.

yeah, so this is all entirely off-topic, but who cares, it wasn't exactly a high quality thread to begin with

[edit]

I swear I posted this as Dev posted the above, that's bleedin UNCANNY.

P.s I think we're done already :p

[/edit]

Is it the time of year or is there something in the water???

There seems to be so much pointless bitching going on ;)

Its a long standing requirement that you have to be a total bastard to become a mod around here.

Couldn't agree more... but, I try.
    Back in the day with the evil trinity, Me Type and az doing battle against the righteous knights of comeonbanus, and the sexually ambiguous freema$ons.

I've been stockpiling good insults and guns for 'the day'.... so far, it has been going well, bar some logistic problems.
    Have I mentioned how much I hate everybody recently?

Down with the Treaty of Versailles I say... Deutschland will rearm.. and if you don't like it......oh wait... I thought this was stormfront, I mean um.. long with the Queen and all who sail in her.....

Originally posted by Typedef

Have I mentioned how much I hate everybody recently?

Not recently, and we're getting worried.

I think it might come between everyone else and their sleep... to know I spend nights plotting my revenge.... yes... it's true.

Forgive me for saying so, but, I think this thread is snowballing.
    I know it's a cold, chilling fact, but the icy retorts sprinkled around this thread are becoming a bit sub zero.

Originally posted by Typedef

Forgive me for saying so, but, I think this thread is snowballing.

I think you'll find that that pun has already been used and is, in fact, trademarked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Is there anything left to say on this topic? Can people stay on topic please?
    <General observation>
    Any time any sort of complaint about an admin is brought forward it gets flamed and laughed at with silly and generally immature remarks and is not taken into consideration in the slightest.

Really is starting to get boring, find some new cards to play :)

I briefly read Snowballs post and personally I do not agree with the way he has put his complaint forward, which is the main reason he is being flamed, but there is one or two points to be taken from his drivel and could perhaps be addressed instead of mindless flaming.
    </general observation>

Perhaps in future when a complaint does arise that it could be dealt with by Devore and the mod/mods in question, as I said these treads are really starting to get boring.

Perhaps in future when a complaint does arise that it could be dealt with by Devore and the mod/mods in question

PM's can be quitre useful for that. Public posts are public targets.

• Advertisement

that is what i mean, that the thread could instantly be deleted/locked and dealt with privately :)

If the person who raises the issue does so publicly here on the Admin board then it's open season for opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Samba
    <General observation>
    Any time any sort of complaint about an admin is brought forward it gets flamed and laughed at with silly and generally immature remarks and is not taken into consideration in the slightest.

Not true. It really depends on how the argument is played out.

1) Don't post in anger.
    2) Leave out the name calling.

Following those two simple rules you'll tend to find that you get answered in a civil manner and mods lock it. Otherwise it's thrown out for troll food (who have been getting fat lately).

Eg.

BAD - See Snowballs post.

Good - I posted to After hours but my post got moved and the mod there misread it and locked it off. Can someone fix it for me?

Despite the name calling Kharn fixed the issue.

Now everyone shut up and eat your Kittencake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Man the amount of kids throwing their toys out of the pram is really increasing around here.

Snowball (or whatever your nick is....) as Hobbes said there is a right way and a wrong way to sort issues like this out. Normally it is prudent to approach the mod you are having a problem with via PM (thats private message!) and sort the problem or misunderstanding out. If they are still unreasonable, approach Dev or one of the Admins again via a PM and show him the evidence of you trying to sort this problem out. Let him go off and sort the mod out themselves.

The wrong way is to come on here in "Crusade Mode" with this poll.

If you have been around as long as you say then I would have thought you'd have grasped this by now ;)

Have a nice day,

Gandalf.

"Crusade Mode"

I object! If this were a Crusade at least we'd get some massacred Christians. Here all we have is moaning and bickering ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

its funny to think that a lot of mods are so adept at being nasty. I did not insult anyone or attack anyone personally, just named the ppl envolved and told them what I thought of their conduct. I understand that there is a sense of sticking together within the mods but spamming insults (which most of you have done) is uncalled for.

DeVore, you obviosly don't remember me, we have met about 5 or so times (even had a few pints with u, gar and a few others), u did not have a prob with me calling u Tom then but no offence intended. Sorry...

Samba, Gandalf and Hobbes all have a point. Samba the thing is that u normally post this kinda thing when ur pi$$ed off.

I really tried to be objective while I was pi$$ed of... not easy. The tactic that spams ppl's complaints works, they get insulted and the point gets lost.

Gar, soz.. was in a really bad mood and I figured (don't ask me why) u locked it. Commin up this weekend for a day or 2, cya if I can.

I have to go home or I will miss my bus but ... it's hard to critisize ppl who think they are right all the time. U guys get a lot of complaints (unless things have changed drasticly) and, well, there has to be somthing wrong if there is so many complaints, maybe not much but something. Some mods, not all ... infact only a few (I know about 10 mods personally), need to look at the way they speek to ppl and the way they treat ppl. I know (off hand) of 3 ppl who say they will never return to boards because of mods behavier, long time stuff but the mods are still around..

gtg, prob post 2morrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You said yourself that you did flame once. Seeing a newbie post a flame makes the warning bels ring as Im sure you must understand being here for some time now.

Why haven't you logged on as your old names Daragh? out of curiosity. ( I have met you a few times too)

You have had experience on boards so you should know that a pm to the relevant mods would me more acceptable but you did come to the admin board with a bulish attitude in fairness. If you would have pm'd the mods in question it would have been more appropriate I think.

(good to see you again ;)) (you don't know who I am do you!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is also a third point. Know when the thread has ended and shut up. In this case it was when Kharn said he'd fixed the problem for you.

Not sure where you think there are many complaints. When people have a problem they complain vocally and don't hide behind a poll. Polls here are also not that valid. Bubbles alone could change most polls in his favour ;) and if you had put "Atari Jaguar" as an option the poll would of turned out a lot differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

<
    Im special

Originally posted by Samba
    that is what i mean, that the thread could instantly be deleted/locked and dealt with privately :)

That made me actually say "woahh!" out loud.

That, is a very dangerous approach to take. Criticism of mods and particularly admins should be dealt with with kid gloves, the road to abuse of power is a short one.

To lock, delete or ban because of simple declaration of discontent is a very very sinister thing imho... I have banned people before and locked threads before (like Kim Tae Woo) but only when I was entirely satisfied beyond any doubt that the person was NOT seriously complaining or that if they WERE their complaints were TOTALLY unfounded or just plain not true.

Censorship wears a number of faces and the most attractive is self-protection.

Smaba you also say:

I understand that you are probably saying to OTHER people "hey, guys, the admins can deal with this themselves, call off the dogs" but once people post, its not really up to me to start deleting them unless they contravene our loose rules.

"Admin" in some ways IS for this sort of meeting of equal minds as noone except the admins have moderator power here so you can be sure the mod you are complaining about cant edit or delete anything.

Snowball, I meant no offence nor did I take any. I was just commenting on your curt comment to Shinji (?) while I couldnt remember who you were. I drink with a lot of people from Boards a lot of times.
    You are welcome to call me Tom (it IS after all, my name) or DeV or anything civil.

Snowball, if you are happy that your complaint has been dealt with please indicate that and I'll lock this thread.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭xlex

I'm taking a chance here...

The poll is inappropiate, the message is also inappropiate, but how come 66 ppl voted on the poll...

As a newcomer here, I have to respect the established members and if I don't I might as well bugger off... It's probably going to tke two months to gage this board properly, but it's a success and the exsisting structures are make it just that...

Now, I need a few explainations (and not definitions)

1. Flaming
    2. Spamming
    3. trolling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Xlex - with that sort of attitude, I think you will get along here just fine :)

as way of explanation - (and I'm no expert btw ;) )- so feel free to correct me

Flaming - the "art" of writing a reply to a thread that shows the original poster how little you think of his view/post. Generally they are not alone, and many posters join in "the flaming". Muppets tend to attract flamers in large numbers, and it is my belief that in the wild, the muppet is the natural prey for the flamer

Spamming - this is the act of posting when nobody is really interested - usually in large quantities - it is closely related to trolling (see below). Sometimes a whole thread can be taken over by the spammer, which can make it hard to resist flaming. The Spammer is another member of the Muppet genus

Trolling - the act of posting useless messages purely to get a post count level up, or to elicit a response from other posters. Sometimes trollers will use this method to attract muppets into the open ( known as "baiting"), whereby the flamers will move in for the kill. The troller is essentially a pack animal, with many "in jokes" making up the trolled messages

If you need further information, can I refer you to Professors Amp and Bubbles, as their knowledge and practical experience on these matters is beyond equal

Bio

Originally posted by BioHazRd

Trolling - the act of posting useless messages purely to get a post count level up, or to elicit a response from other posters. Sometimes trollers will use this method to attract muppets into the open ( known as "baiting"), whereby the flamers will move in for the kill. The troller is essentially a pack animal, with many "in jokes" making up the trolled messages

actually, trolling is an art form practised by many, but mastered by few......

wwmansupertroll.jpg

Oops - I forgot to mention the venerable Dr. WhiteWashMan as a good source of reference material :p *

*this is an example of a troll

Bio

Welcome xlex, dont feel intimidated by anyone here. Be civil to people and you'll get respect and civility back.

Spamming: Posting useless uninteresting posts like "lol" or just a smiley.

Flaming: fairly viciously taking someone apart in an argument. I guess I am a flamer at times.
    The best flamers do so without using a single curse or often without even appearing uncivil!

Trolling: Bio is incorrect. Trolling is the act of saying something inflamatory, incorrect and usually something you dont actually agree with in order to get a "rise" out of people who are too sensitive about a topic.
    It can be high art or low farce though too often its the latter. Far too often.
    And example of trolling would be to post on serious debate about rascism how you genuinely feel that africans are not physiologically hard-wired to be as intelligent as Europeans. Back it up with pseudo science and some baloney history to make it *appear* as if you think it a reasonable point and watch the PC-Lefties have a conipition-fit.

As I said, it can be funny but too often its just Baiting

Baiting is purposely targetting a poster or subset of posters with repeated inflamatory posts to try and provoke them into a reaction. Much like poking a bear in the head with a stick...
    The usual response then is to run to the Admin forum and point at the big nasty horrible bear thats attacking poor little you.
    The problem is, the admins are often grumpier bears.

Enjoy and read the FAQ board, lots of stuff there to explain the community.

DeV.

/me acknowledges the presence of a superior intellect, and stands corrected - thank you

Bio

Ah now you made me blush...

70 people voted on this... wow... seems that half of them are happy with the status quo but then statistics can say anything.
    (anyone really unhappy with Boards is probably long gone...).

Ho hum.

DeV.

QUOTE]I understand that you are probably saying to OTHER people "hey, guys, the admins can deal with this themselves, call off the dogs" but once people post, its not really up to me to start deleting them unless they contravene our loose rules.[/QUOTE]

Hobbes and Leeroy pinpointed as to why the threads are not locked.

Which is fair enough the poster brings this upon themselves.

Here's a suggestion, have a sticky thread with posting guidelines about complaints about mods etc, so that threads such as these can be avoided in future?

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Peon%20Revolt.jpg

I always just happen to find a use for my lovely card.

In regards to moderators, of course they can fly off the rails at times... It comes with having to continuously wade through sea apon sea of pointless dog toffee, lovingly handed out to us by the adorable members of our muppet infested community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

the tears of a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by SheroN
    the tears of a clown.

That's profound Paul.

.logic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement