Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Speed extra Pack in post??

Options
  • 17-12-2002 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else get the first edition Eircom Hi-speed Extra pack in the post in the last few days. It really made me laugh.
    To make sure you're getting the best eircom hi-speed experience, we've designed the eircom hi-speed extra! series to further enhance the time you spend online.

Whether you've been using it for a while, we're sure you'll find the following tips and suggestions really useful

I especially like the bit where they say,
    eircom hi-speed makes educational websites more exiting and interactive - students of all ages can surf.....blah, blah, blah.

Excuse me, but is there something that I don't know about isdn. How does it make a website more interactive and exciting. I thought it was only the actual web designer that could do that.

Would I be right in saying that seeing as its not advertising per say theres probably not a lot to be done about it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This is from a company who claim that their basic DSL package (512Kbps down, 128Kbps up) is THIRTY times faster than a dial-up modem (say, 50Kbps down and up)... do you really expect honest straightforward advertising from Eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I CANNOT believe they are still pushing ISDN.

I honestly thought that the last push (during the dsl rollout) would be the last. Once again, ive underestimated eircon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Got this in the post last week.. made all the family laugh

They also included... wait for it.. a "handy" book case (looked like a flattened out video box) to hold all your issues of this utterly useless booklet.
    Needless to say its since disappeared, probably in Balyogan dump somewhere at this stage.. (*weep*)

Basically its a few pages on how to install flash and use a browser or some crap with loads of stupid rats flying around the pages. They really treat their customers like idiots...

I wish they'd drop their price rather than waste all their money sending this rubbish.
    The total cost to post "it" would probably pay a few peoples bills if they were to be charitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

yeah I got it iswell. Its a joke I tells ya :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by David C
    Needless to say its since disappeared, probably in Balyogan dump somewhere at this stage.. (*weep*)

Tut, tut, tut.
    How environmentally un-friendly of you.
    Mine went in my green recycling bin ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

I actually got this too and was a bit amazed by it tbh. It seems to be the first of what is going to be a few more deliveries by Eircon about ISDN. Why is it they are spending more and more on a product that we all know is CRAP! Instead of making the product worthwhile?

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Clearly the (insulting) strategy is to build customer loyalty to ISDN and discourage us running off to any cheaper faster real broadband product...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

yeh i got that too, it just goes to show that they have no intention of delivering adsl to residential customers anytime soon.

it's getting to the stage now were i'm loosing intrest and have cut back on time spent on-line as a result .

at this stage i will only belive it when i see it installed in the house..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

if we had broadband they would probabily have delivered that document in a pdf .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Agreed. I firmly believe that the RAT has little or no interest whatsoever in promoting DSL for the residential user for the reason in this thread and several others that have been debated here before.
    In the words of the great Eircom Tribunal dept of communications pdf..
    "While Ireland is glued to the starting blocks the rest of the world is sprinting ahead with broadband adoption."

This is how it will remain here unless there are major changes quickly but no one seems to have the cajones to do anything about the RAT. Or perhaps we should just all "BACK OFF" in the words of Darth Vader himself and let the rat feed away.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Originally posted by Dusty Claus
    I CANNOT believe they are still pushing ISDN.

I honestly thought that the last push (during the dsl rollout) would be the last. Once again, ive underestimated eircon.
    Remember: there's still a substantial number of us that can't even get ISDN. Frankly, I'd be (fairly) happy with ISDN right now - it would at least let me set up a pretty decent DoD server.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I got it as well, even though i dont have isdn !!

First instinct was a quick scan by the millisecond and then dumped in the lovely green bin outside for the recycling people:)

As said before, the rat has lost the plot and is preventing broadband rather than pushing for it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Originally posted by oscarBravo
    Frankly, I'd be (fairly) happy with ISDN right now - it would at least let me set up a pretty decent DoD server. [/B]
    Lol. no it wouldn't!
    Greg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Canadian

Why would any of you be suprised they are pushing ISDN?

That cross dresser they have advertising is pushing 'cordless' telephones.... available anywhere else in the free world for 20 years.

===================================
    2 more months then I'm outta this place forever!

Advertisement