Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for New Year's Eve?

Options
  • 17-12-2002 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

i recently returned to Cork after a four year stint working in the states (Nantucket). just wondering where the best place to go on New Year's eve might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

anywhere but the opera house so you can avoid being "entertained" by glen hansard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by smackbunnybaby
    anywhere but the opera house so you can avoid being "entertained" by glen hansard!!

Heh, so very true.

Nothing on in Cork this New Years, i think i'll be going to Dublin to see Redneck Manifesto :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

aye, not much on at all. The thought of having to go to the Frames makes me violently ill so reckon I'll be staying at home on NYE this year.

A veritable mountain of great gigs/dj nights coming to cork in the new year

V V M
    Tycho Brahe
    Redneck Manifesto
    Mika Bomb
    Jerry Dammers
    Yo la Tengo (tbc)
    Calexico (tbc)
    Lee Scratch Perry (tbc)
    Christy Moore (tbc)

and loads more that the respective promoters have sworn me to secrecy on.

can't wait!! the sooner xmas is over the better so we can get back to some quaity entertainment the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Jim Comic

Redneck Manifesto
    Yo la Tengo (tbc)
    Calexico (tbc)

Nice, specially YLT :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GarGuile

Not very promising indeed, even a good trad session wouldn't be a bad option.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement