Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mail by mobile?

• 18-12-2002 12:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

I was under the impression that it was possible to send Vodafone Mail by text message? At least when I last used e-merge it was possible to do so but I hadn't visited the Eircell/Vodafone website for ages until today and I couldn't find anything about this feature any more. Yes, you can send via WAP but not a mention of SMS! Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yup you send a text message in the format

mail email_address@domain.com this is the content of the email i'm sending, mine's a guinness...

to the number

HTH,
    BrianG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Excellent, that worked Brian, thanks.

Only thing was I got an ugly -

"This e-mail was generated by e-merge from Vodafone. To send e-mails by SMS from any 087 mobile phone log on to http://www.e-merge.ie to register for your free mobile e-mail account."

signature at the bottom of the email. Anyone know if Vodafone allow you to get rid of this somehow? Can I bribe them ;)

The reason I ask is because I want to be able to 'blog' from my mobile to my www.QuickTopic.com topic. As I can post messages via email it would be nice not to have an ugly sig on the bottom of each post.

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah - i didn't much like that either - if it was free then fair enough - but i'm already paying for the SMS so don't like them piggy-backing on my email :(

if you are running the blog script on your own site it could be tweaked to remove it, a regular expression could do it as it's a constant string - although probably not possible if you are using a shared blog / on an external site

some (Sony)Ericsson phones it can do "real email" (pop/imap) from the phone itself

BrianG

Advertisement