Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text Based Adventure Games

Options
  • 14-01-2000 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Has anyone played the text-based adventure game dungeon, which comes with the emacs text editor for UNIX ? I'm stuck in the first building where I can't log onto the VAX computer. Anyone know what the login and password are for this stage of the game ?

Cheers,
    jAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Yeah, back in the eighties by the sound of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Man last i played a game like that was hmmmmmmmmmm 92 when i was ten it was called beruocracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

From my observations of my lab, where I live, under a desk, surviving only on baked beans supplied by a generous baked bean loving sponser, that I cook on a bunsen burner and washing only with those airport cleanser yokes, you know the damp tissues. Well, from those observations only total fools choose to play these games. Fools who use unix and wear trousers that are too short, and speak unintelligibly about philosophy they only 1/2 understand. And talk about these games that suck quite badly. No reflection on you now Jrgha, ya understand? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Sure they're great to pass the time at work when you've nothing better to do. Thanks for all your help lads, took me a while to sift through the reams of hints and tips which ye provided. I am in the year 1978, and posting this message through my time machine toaster. I managed to figure it out for meself, up Zork and the late 70's !

Slán,
    jAH

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

here if you find it or have any others, will you mail em to me?
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Bored in work WWM? smile.gif
    Send 'em to me too.

Advertisement