Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv issues

Options
  • 18-12-2002 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Been with utv for awhile now and everything was going great until recently they upgraded some systems so that they could handle v92....this is where my problems started..at the start their pings to game servers wasn't bad but not as good as some isp's....then before they upgraded it was really bad..after the upgrade they were even worse for me , so i decided to upgrade my modem driver ( which had stood me in good stead for quiet awhile ) to the newest v92 compatable ver. The ping's are still the same , but now my connection speed is slower....I , 99% of the time connect at 52000 , but now i only connect at from 36333 to 47000 at best .:( .......anyone have any ideas here..

my modem is a lucent win modem
    original driver ver. 6.00
    new driver ver.8.22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Take a look here, could be something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I'm also having lots of trouble connecting to UTVip via their 1890-927-161 number during peak hours, and at the same time having no trouble connecting to ESAT/BT/IOLGold via Eircom's 1891-121-121 number.

The trouble seems to go away during off-peak hours.

Today while trying to dial UTVip during peak hours, I noticed an "off-on" sort of a clicking in the background while the modem was connecting to the phone line, getting the dial tone and beeping the tones, and the connection was successful but only let me stay on for a few seconds then hung up. Several more tries got a stable connection.

Later I tried dialing via Eircom's number and there are no background clicks. I also tried dialing to make the modem pause by dialing 1,,,. No clicks then, either. Then I dialed Nevadatele.com's 0111222333 number and no clicks then. I checked 1890,,, and no clicks.

When doing all this I had all phones disconnected, and went right to the Eircom line where it comes through the foundation slab and connected the modem there, so there isn't anything else on but the modem.

I'm wondering if Nevadatele.com would be any help in getting this figured-out because UTVip certainly don't seem to have any ideas that have helped.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've noticed a ~6k drop in the past week or so as well. Used to get a consistant 46.6, now usually 40. :-(

My modem supports v92, must check out the driver, pretty sure it's current... Friend of mine is in utv support, will msn him later, let ye know how i get on.

Advertisement