Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

josh ritter

Options
  • 18-12-2002 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

i was expecting him to be ****e,when he played at vicar st last week, but i was pleasantly surprised.

anyway, my question is: what was the name of the support band? i quite liked them but didnt catch their name on my travels

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

James Yorston and The Athletes I believe. I'm pretty sure that we have 'em in the library so you can request it if you wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

your just can't beat josh, not even if you have a bit pole and lots of time

well.... maybe if the pole hada spike on it or something

the point is he's really good live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I was unfortunate enough to see him live and my opinion is TOTALLY the opposite of yours, Tyrrial. If only I had that big pole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

When i think of ritter i think 'sleep' and not in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ouzo M

Funny, that's kind of what I think when I hear The 66 Electric.

• Advertisement

Ouch.

Would you care to explain that?

I'd love to hear it.

I didn't think I had to justify a bold statement that was scarily akin to your own (wow, did you notice that too?) But since you have requested it; sure, why not.

I just find the music monotonous. Each to their own, you know, but I just don't see anything terribly different about 'the 66 electric', nothing stands out to me.

With Josh Ritter- he has an amazing voice, the lyrics are accomplished, and the music is consistant and simple, and I find none of these things apply to the 66 electric.

You are right. Each to their own.

So where did you get the EP from?

I haven't heard the full 'EP' yet but if you'd let me know where to pick one up I'm always open to giving music second chances.

When I first heard Queens of the Stone Age, I didn't particularly like them either, and now I think they're one of the best bands around, so you never know.

Not that I'm comparing you to Queens to anything :)

Well we are agreed on QOTSA ruling, at least we have that.

I think some of your critisism is a little unfair considering that you haven't listened to our whole EP, or seen us live (both things i have done a lot with Josh Ritter) but it will always happen when you create something which you believe is worthy, sincere and interesting that many many others won't see it that way. they won't really give a ****, something i am guilty of, of course.

**** it.

by the way, my ritter statement wasn't meant to be interpreted literally, more a reflection on the memories i have of his gigs and the nights that followed.

be well

66e

• Advertisement

'I don't want the world to see me, coz i don't think that they'd understand, now everythings meant to be broken, i just want you to know who i am'...

*a lone tear trickles down my face*

so much beauty...i can't seem to find a plastic bag floating around in an alleyway at all these days...

Advertisement