Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Placements in Cork

• 18-12-2002 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Aright so I'm going to be going out on work placement in March so i was just wondering could people tell me of IT companies that r taking on Software dev students for 6 month work placement. So if ye can tell me of any/all of the companies that you know are open to taking on students for work placement, that would be great, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you will have a better chance if you speak english and learn to spell.
    it may be picky, but its important.

i have to admit, if i was employing someone and they used text speak at me, i'd tell them to go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

i have to admit, if i was employing someone and they used text speak at me, i'd tell them to go away.

Did u gt my jb app eamo? Hve I gtn the jb?

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Normally companies will approach the College/Placement office if they are looking for Co-Op's.

Your chance of digging up an IT company actively looking for placement students is probably pretty low right now. (As is my chance of getting a job from one ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I think people r missing what i asked. I asked did anybody know of any companies taking on IT students for placement that I could go to MYSELF and see if they want to give me work placement, as my work placement officer in the college doesn't seem to be doing much. So if ye could tell me of IT companies in Cork, that do or have previously taken on work placement students that would be great thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

suppafly, what college are you goin to ?

Im trying to find a place via CIT, I failed in 2 interviews.

Motorola. Ok, this interview went to sh!t. I couldnt sit right, couldnt shut up, couldnt get my ideas across.

Lilly. This went much better. I actually thought Id get it. But no, the 2 mature students I was up against got it. To be fair though it's great that they got it as they are two of the nicest people I've ever met. Even so I was still dejected :(

So the search continues.

To answer your question.....No, I dont know of any :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sure it's early days yet. Jerry (is it still Jerry?) has loads of contacts, and usually does the local companies last. If you don't have something my mid-Feb I'd be worried.

*hint : If AIB/BOI come looking, don't sign up for an interview. They take everyone they interview, and you'll spend the summer doing data-entry. If you take the interview and refuse the job, Jerry gets all snotty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

gas man tho all the same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    suppafly, what college are you goin to ?

I'm going to Tipperary Institute, but i'm from Cork. I'm just up there cuz i applied to CAO really really late
    Im trying to find a place via CIT, I failed in 2 interviews.

I haven't even got any interviews yet. The only companies that our placemtn officer has put up r crappy place in the arse end of now where that nobody wants to go to.
    Motorola. Ok, this interview went to sh!t. I couldnt sit right, couldnt shut up, couldnt get my ideas across.

R motorola still taking applications?

Also could people maybe just put a list of IT companies up. Just any IT company in Cork. Cuz i don't really know that many IT companies in Cork, except for Motorola, Siemens and Musgraves.

Advertisement