Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nemesis

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

yea i am a Trek fan. thanks! i taut it wud be good! neway i have to see it anyway! thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Utter unforgivable rubbish. A generation's final journey? Bit of a shame it made me thankful for that fact by the end of the film then, given how much I used to like TNG...

Can't someone please take this franchise off Rick Berman before he kills the damn thing completely - assuming he hasn't already? Okay, admittedly this was an improvement on Insurrection in that I didn't lose the will to live halfway through, but it's still a really terrible film. Particularly a shame to see good actors like Patrick Stewart and Tom Hardy wasted on a script and setup that poor - and while it may have worked in the TV series, having actors of fine calibre like that playing equal billing to bloody awful hacks like Jonathan Frakes and Mariana Sirtis really jars very badly in a feature length movie - somehow more so in this one than in any previous one, perhaps because the character work by Stewart and Hardy was the only good thing about it.

(Er, at least until Shinzon's character went inexplicably nuts and Hardy obviously gave up even trying to work out whatever motivation the retarded scriptwriters were thinking of....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"Switch off your brain and enjoy."

Can't agree more - I switched on my brain towards the end and predicted basically the last 40-50 minutes of the movie...

People were surprised by the ramming? Pft... when the battle started that was the end I foresaw... seemed a tad obvious to me...

Patrick Stewart is getting on - and I can't help but think that the death of Data was wasted; TNG was the only Star Trek series I ever enjoyed (I grew up watching it more or less - far better than DS9 or Voyager... pft.) and this is slowly killing what could've been almost legendary stuff.

Doesn't really matter - the movie has almost disappeared from most cinemas after ooo, two weeks. Star Trek has lost mass market appeal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

right everybody is sayin bad things
    about it so im startin 2believe
    u all! pity!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by The Reaper
    right everybody is sayin bad things
    about it so im startin 2believe
    u all! pity!
    Yes, heaven forbid you actually form your own opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement