Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games

Options
  • 05-02-2000 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good game to play over a 4/5 PC LAN apart from the usual stuff. Prob. is slow 166 + 200mmx PCs. Other criteria include my dopey mates have to be able to get the hang of it quickly. I'm thinking racing or some sort of airplane dogfight type yoke.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well lets see, for racing you could have someting like TOCA or SEGA RALLY.
    For Dogfighting you could have something like Mig-Alley.
    (You might want to get some joysticks in for that....)

Or I found that Half-Life deathmatch is someting that a lot of people get the hang of pretty quickly, and it'll run on fairly low-spec machines.

Or if the lads are into it, you could put some sort of networked soccer/rugby game on there.

I think networked Carmageddon2 would be great fun, but I'm not sure if you can network it (anyone?).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, you can network Carma2, but I think networked Carmageddon 1 would be better on those machines - carmageddon 2 is pure $hite on THIS P200MMX (using voodoo2). Carmageddon 1 is great though, and is good fun for lan games. One player must have a cd, and the rest must do maximum installs to join a C1 game. IPX only.

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

GTA was a bit of a laugh for a while at some small networks I have been at.

I'd also agree with half life, its a class game. When I was playing with some friends of mine who didnt play much games we got a map converted from Goldeneye (which most of em had played) The big atvantage of this was the level was nice and easy on the processors so the low spec machines worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Try AvP, I recently started playing deathmatch and its the dogs

Advertisement