Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you buy your pet a present from Santa??

Options
  • 19-12-2002 12:05am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just posting cos its a bit quiet here lately.I always remember when I was younger that the dogs in the house always got left a present from Santa.Usually a packet of Bonio dog biscuits.
    Anyway are you getting your pet something from the red fella???????
    Our dog will probably get the Bonio dog biscuits in the tradition and the cat will get some sort of squeaky toy which the dog will eat on Stephens`Day which Ill curse and give out that why was the dog allowed to eat the cats toy.
    As for my spider.Maybe Ill get it a big box of these giant mealworms.
    :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

We used to get them a little toy sometimes, like a furry mouse (for the cats, of course!) toy.

Some of the main cat food companies used to do packages at Christmas you could request, it was like a little kit with some food and little toys. I don't know if they still do them though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Our auld madras'll be gettin the standard issue Xmas stocking with a whole heap of different bags of treats in it and a squeaky toy to drive my parents mad! I think Good Boy makes em. Oh they'll be gettin a tin of turkey flavoured Pedigree Chum for the dinner cos there isn't a snowball's chance in hell (had to throw that in since it's Christmas) of there being any leftovers!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Yea I usually buy my pet a pressie. Got 2 cats. usually bring them something they can tear apart. my cats are fisious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

No. Our new dog doesn't believe in Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

we always used to get our dog a present every christmas, usually a "doggy selection bag"

of which we made up mosta the stuff ourselves from what we knew that she liked (her dog biscuits, some chocolate, a squeaky toy etc)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by Bard
    No. Our new dog doesn't believe in Santa.

Shame on you
    Taking away that dogs innocence so soon!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

no, we've never done that, or gotten our pets birthday prsent, co\z theyre spoiled every day of the eyar as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Shame on you
    Taking away that dogs innocence so soon!!!!!!!!

actually... I was joking... and as he is only about a month or two old, I'm sure Santa will be bringing him a little something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Yeah i buy my Hamster a stocking thing full of chocolate and treats.

Got him a ball this year aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Big Chief I hope that was doggie chocolate? Human chocolate is seiously bad for dogs. It can even be fatal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i never buy my pets crimbo prezzies, but i always end up feeling guilty on crimbo day:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Ah yes, the essential Christmas question, to buy or not to buy (something for your pet for Christmas that is!).

It's a bit of a tradition in our house, we had a dog (cue the violins) that passed away about 4 years ago and we ALWAYS used to get him something. Doggie Chocolate Drops or a nice luxury tin of dog food or a bag of Bonios, but, sadly, no longer, sniff!

Now we have two cats and they are also spoiled every day. We normally feed them dry food so for Christmas they get specila meaty kitekat pouches, wow do they love it. For their first Christmas, we got them a toy mouse, it was gone within a matter of hours!

Happy days!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Poor pets...they desreve something from santa. After all you can still love on them when all the world seems to have turned on you...Well, except fish cause you wouldn't wanna get wet...But...I bought my min. weenie dog tons of presents. She got 3 new squeeky toys, dog bones, and a cute sweater!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

my dog always gets a squeaky toy from my grandmother and a few treats from the family. It's funny on christmas day as the dog jumps on the presents until one squeeks. Then she goes nuts, tears off the wrapping and hoofs it out the back to play.

we stopped leaving delicate stuff under the tree because of this :)

Advertisement