Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

test routes

Options
  • 19-12-2002 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

I have my test on Christmas Eve and up until about 3 hours ago, I assumed that my test was at the centre I applied for. having reread the letter, it turns out it's actually at a different although still nearby centre. I only have my instructors car to drive and although I have lessons for the next few days up until my test I'm kind of worried about the route change.
    I know that I should be able to drive anywhere if I'm competant enough to pass my test but just with nerves and the fact that it's my test I'd prefer to know the area as well as the one I've learnt in.
    When you're actually sitting your test, did you find that the route played a big part in how you drove or is it just a minor factor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The one way in which it could certainly make a difference is that you may be less relexed than you would have been starting from the other centre (assuming you've done a few test runs). Perhaps go up to the new centre and do at least one run out of it, then just practice driving in and parking there (they're still marking you whan you arrive back, don't forget).

The routes in general are often mixed up a little to keep people on their toes (where I did my test there are only five routes but they do mix parts of each main route in with each other occasionally) so the main advantage again is general confidence that you can do it as you did it during the lesson.

Overall, it's not very likely to make a difference if you relax and don't let it bug you. And good luck - it's not the end of the world if you don't pass but it's rather nice if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to your instructors - they should have a good idea of all the routes.

Advertisement