Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basmati or short grain?

Options
  • 19-12-2002 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Can someone please tell me what is good about Damien Rice? I saw him on Jools Holland and I thought he was over-precious, repetitive and indulgent. Dreadful basically. I've also seen him live- at a benefit gig in Whelans a year ago. Lisa is great and has a great natural talent. Can he really fill 3 nights in the Olympia or is it just a marketing scam? If he wasn't so bloody precious I think I could just about take him. I know there are some Rice fanatics on this forum so I've probably offended some but I genuinely want to know what is good about him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

personally, i think he has a brilliant voice and i think he has really excellent emotional songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

I have to agree Polarbelly. I'm not usually a fan of singer/songwriters (well "new age" ones anyway).

In fact a lot of the time they really piss me off!!! But hats off to Mr Rice. I thought he put in a really good performance on Jools.

Damn sight better than Graham Coxon a week later. What s miserable little ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gary D

Yeah i think Graham Coxon might have been playin that song on jools holland with Damon Albarn in mind, he seemed pretty angry.

Advertisement