Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SONY CDX-MP30 CD/MP3 player?

Options
  • 19-12-2002 10:19am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting one of these (great prive on ebay) but I was wondering has anyone had any experience of these? Also, is the install easy? I have a standard size toyota audio stereo in now, would it be as easy as taking out the old, swapping the wires etc? On the sony site it says that there are no adapters etc needed for my car (jap starlet, 93)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

If you have a DIN size radio in it already, and are replacing it with another DIN size radio, then it's just a case of remove the old one and slot in the new one.

You'll need to check that there are no special tools required to remove the existing one, or fit the new one. I know Ford radios require you to have a special tool to remove them from the dashboard.

Also, check the wiring connections on the back - you may need to a bit of messing around with a soldering iron and wire snips to fit it.

As for the unit itself, I haven't a clue, but in general Sony stuff seems to be good.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Removing it shouldn't be a problem, can take it out in about two minutes (should have gone into another line of work maybe! :D ) Pop off the a/c controlls, lift out the panel, then it's just a couple of screws. The sizes seem the same. I can only hope the wiring part isn't too difficult! I was looking at the sony page, and it has some good info. Says i don't need a facia adapter anyway. And there are connectors available i suppose if there isn't an exact match with the wires...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

The most important part is getting the wires conencted up properly - it'd be a little silly if you connected the power leads from the car to the speaker output on the radio :D

Ford have very handy connectors for their stuff, which make the job very easy :)

You'll need to do a bit of research to find out what all the different wires do before you go connecting stuff up, and see which ones the sony unit uses.

Also, if you intend to keep the sony radio after you sell the car, make sure you hang on to all the bits for the Toyota radio so you can refit it when it comes to selling the car.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks for the advice, i actually found an installation guide for this model (handy, eh?) I have the double dim, just like in the diagram. Going to take out the stereo this eveing, see can i work out how to do it in my head!

Installation Guide

Advertisement