Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics problem...

• 19-12-2002 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Ok, just got a graphics card (abit siluro GF4 MX), anyway put it in ok, install the driver, then went to change my setting, i can go into the properties from the desktop (right click -> properties), change those, but when i click on hte advanced tab it throws up the error in the attached file.... any idea's on how i can fix this problem, without re-installing my OS...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Try uninstall and reinstall the drivers.
    It sometimes works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

u need to uninstall all nvidia drivers and start afresh with them.

Nvidia changed the files for their cards a few releases ago, but if the old files are present on the system they get used throwing up errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

cheers, i'll go try that now...

[edit] that worked fine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.guru3d.com has a detontator destroyer that will remove all traces of drives then use the 4109
    detontators.

kdjac

Advertisement