Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Convert a map :)

• 19-12-2002 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I want to port one of my MOH maps to CS but 2 problems

1.I dont have CS i sold it to Tact.
    2.I only use Custom textures and this would be a biggish dload about 9mb.

Converting is easy i just remove the extra funcs MOH has and use baseline brushes and textures.

Anyone want to help ???
    Someone with CS preferably :)

May help a noob mapper as its a near perfect map (blow me own horn)

Dieppe based on the failed attack by Canadians on the port of Dieppe in France. (good story to that map btw)

deppie1.jpg

deppie2.jpg

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thats a nice map. The r_speepds would be very high though for cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its made for a Intel crappy card.
    Tons of VIs Leaf brushes in it only way to make a large outdoor map with good FPS and low CPU server usage (EA Games please read that last line and repeat)

So it shouldnt be a killer may be larger than most CS maps as there is no tunnel/corridor system in it a large beach with largish town and a a large hill with a large house.
    Its quite large :)

Is Worldcraft the norm for CS or has something new come out been a while since i used that.

kdjac

Advertisement