Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

image byte array to thumbnail byte array

Options
  • 19-12-2002 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Like the title says.
    I've got an array of bytes that I've read from a BLOB. It's a GIF image and I want to make a thumbnail out of it. Let's say scale it down to 1/4 the size or something.
    This would be fine if I was able to use the AWT classes but I can't as I'm on a headless machine (no X11 server).
    There are supposed solutions such as setting java.awt.headless to true or installing some kind of x buffer or using fake AWT classes but I've had no luck with them so far.

So basically I want to know if it's possible to get an array of bytes and turn it into a thumbnail version of that array without using any AWT classes.

Advertisement