Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keen/unkeen, that is the question?

• 19-12-2002 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

how do you know if a guy is keen, or just tagging you along?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mercury

Because he's a guy. Anything with a Y-chromosome is keen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

What has he done to date? Kissed you, dopped the hand, had full on sex? Give us some pointers here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Has he been flirting with you? anything that has given you the thought that he may want to be with you? But as said above.. we'er almost always "keen"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

kissed, cuddled, talked, then not talked, talked, kissed, dropped hand, not in the order and i could go on for days, bore you to tears. Time period of around seven-ish months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

/me bangs head off wall...

7 months?!?!!?!?!?

yeah I think he's just a tad keen there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mercury

Originally posted by sutty
    ...anything that has given you the thought that he may want to be with you?

Originally posted by 567
    kissed, cuddled, talked, then not talked, talked, kissed, dropped hand, not in the order and i could go on for days, bore you to tears. Time period of around seven-ish months.

/me bangs head off wall in unison

Short of opening a small shrine in your honour, how many more 'hints' would you like the poor guy to drop. Poor lad must be at the end of his tether at this stage... I reckon it's a pretty safe bet that he's keen, in fact after 7+ months, keen is probably an understatement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

After that lenght of time he's keen, if he wasent he would be history.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I find asking straight out usually clears things up nicely....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Well if you have seen him over a period that length, then I concur with the other posters that yes he is keen. Make it full blown and ask him what he wants, then go for the hot full on sex and be sure to tell us about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

sounds to me as if he's keeping his options open, ie he likes spending time with you, and all the kissing, dropping of hands etc he enjoys, but he's probably not enough of a bastard to see you for sex only,
    and he's enough of a bastard not to ask you out proper bfriend-gfriend style,

What do you want from him? Tell him and find out what he wants, then make your decision, you wouldn't have posted here is you were happy, so pin him down and find out, good luck

PS I could be wrong, give more details of the situation if you can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

yup, he either loves you or he's gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Hmmm is he keen or not?
    Is he awake?

Seems to me after 7 months he might be wondering the same thing about you. Have you been dropping enough hints for him to go further (NO NOT THAT)....

Plus there is always the straight out question but nobody likes them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    I find asking straight out usually clears things up nicely....

Ah, my kind of woman.

Do what Beruthiel said - just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I'm pretty keen.

.logic.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by logic1
    I'm pretty keen..

you're always pretty keen.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

I definitely reckon that guy is keen. Have you been texting each other much? Whatever you do, dont let this slip if you dont want it to. If you leave it too long before anything happens, then he will think you have lost interest and look elsewhere. He is probably thinking the very same thing you are now, wondering are you keen on him. Send him a text or ring him and ask him out for a drink/find out if he is going out and where, and arrange to meet up. That will let him know for sure.

If he isnt texting you much, then he is probably playing it cool. Hundreds of guys do that, so they wont seem too keen and blow their chances. Good luck anyway, I think you will do fine.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    you're always pretty keen.......

You've never complained*! ;)

Statement may be totally untrue. If facts be known she always complains.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What is this "dropping of hands"? Are people fumblers here?
    Originally posted by lafortezza
    and he's enough of a bastard not to ask you out proper bfriend-gfriend style
    I hear that even in Ireland women are now asking men out. It's a two way street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

(note this is the opinion of a guy who goes through emotions sometimes faster than he changes underwear)

If he's still hanging around after 7 months of vaugeness he's more than bloody keen, he's probably in love. Hang on to this guy, he cares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

some blokes like to keep a number of females on the back burner,
    for months or even years,why do they do it?
    well probally for the ego boost or the security of a safety blanket without the responsibility of commitment.
    I wouldnt read to much into his affections and if something better for you comes along whilst he is fafing about well go for it.
    whats sauce for the goose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Unless you've uttered the hated words of "You're a really good friend" then I think you'll find that, if he has a pulse, then he'll be interested. He's probably gaggin to ask you ouy, but is worried that you are in the dreaded "Friend Zone". Make it clear that you are no-where near the zone.

John

Advertisement