Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Feast!

• 19-12-2002 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Mmmm Christmas food, time for getting all fat and warm-tummied.

I won't be making it myself, I am lucky to have parents and parents that love cooking too! Double yum. This is probably what they will make....

Turkey stuffed with 2 different stuffings, not sure what kind but breadcrumbs, sausages and bacon are standard.
    red Cabbage - traditional family recipe with raisins and... stuff.
    potatoes - roasted and mashed,
    parsnips,
    Brussel sprouts, boiled,
    gravy of course,
    cauliflower cheese - ROX!
    cranberry sauce prolly,
    mint sauce I hope,
    wiiinneeee

And if that is all - tho I'm sure I'm missing something
    Dessert will be mince pies and the ubiquitous Xmas pudding lit in a very precarious manner with my mum telling my well-lubricated father that a)it won't work and b)if it does he'll set the house on fire. Pudding with a major helping of cream...

Yummy I'm feckin hungry now and I have little food in the flat :( Darn why did I write this!

So, what do you have for Chrimble tucker?

-Oh - I'm a breast man meself! (as in turkey - you turkey!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by Gordon
    So, what do you have for Chrimble tucker?

Hopefully, all of the above! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Our typical fare consists of :

Starter :
    Melon with ground ginger

Soup :
    Turkey & Begetable broth (soup course)

Main Course :
    Roast Turkey with breadcrumb, rosemary and sage stuffing.
    Ham, boiled then roasted with a clove and wholegrain mustard covering.
    Potato croquets
    Roast potato
    Brussel sprouts
    Petits pois (with sweet mint sauce if thats your thing)
    Bread sauce
    Probbly red cabbage (done in vinegar, preferably reheated cause its better that way)

Desert :
    Christmas pudding with cream (flammbeed in poitin)
    Trifle

Drink :
    More wine than you can drink in one sitting without dying - red or white, your pick.

Of course, this Chrimbo, I'm in Switzerland instead of Ireland. They dont do that whole Chrimbo thing the same way.

Fortunately, my sis is dating one of my girlfriends best friends (a bloke, before you ask) and is coming over here this year, and insists on having a trad Chrimbo dinner with *everything*. Anything I cant find here is being brought over with her.

Rock on....I intend to gain a horrendous amount of short-term weight round about the 25th and 26th....

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

tbh I'm a really, really picky eater so I dont actually know what is cooked. I ignore everything I dont like.
    So my dinner will be, turkey, ham, stuffing, roast potatos and these other kind of roast potatos safron I think. Gravy, carrots (I dunno how they are cooked but they are bloody nice, I dont usually eat carrots). Er I think that's about it. I hate brussel sprouts and cauliflower, oh and there's cabbage too, which I dont like but again cooked some way that I actually do like it, all I know is that it has sesame seeds in it.

For desert. Well there is mince pies, home made chocolate truffles, christmas cake, trifle and christmas pudding. I dont like any of them, so I'll have Ice cream and jelly more than likely. But I pour coke on the ice cream. :D
    Oh and I dont drink wine, and I dont like beer with food, so it'll be coke or water with the dinner.
    And to top off the desert something from my selection box. mmm I love selection boxes. :)

Oh I too am a breast man when it comes to the turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Think ill have to beat you for that. Now im hungry too.

Advertisement