Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codes and patches!!, do they make or braek a game??

Options
  • 22-02-2000 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

well what do u say?

"Death to all those who venture close"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

everybody would love a game that is perfect first time - but it's not going to happen. my playstation copy of GTA keeps crashing. I f I had it on the PC I could patch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

guess it depends.
    i know all the patches that came out of q2 were annoying and big as well, but in the end, with all the patches, it was an excellent game. far superior to the original.
    most mods these days come in patches.
    and fixes such as bugs and tweaks are only really brought about when games are testn in the most demanding enviroment..after release.
    so no, i dont think there s a problem wih patches.
    sodes are different and usually mean cheating. theres no point in cheating to get through a game. it brings down the pleasure ytou get from beating it eventually. however, if you are really frustrated.... smile.gif

Your Imps Demand cable....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Some patches are fine...
    Too many sucks monkey-gysum...

If a developer releases one or two patches that'll address a known issue and take care of a program bug, then fine.
    But if a developer releases patch after patch, leaving incompatabilities between 'versions' that will force you to download the latest patch in order to play online, then that sucks, especialy if you don't notice any differance.

Personaly though, Quake2 ran fine for me right out of the box (single player), but for online play there were patches released almost every month, each one being incompatable with the last... man, that wrecked my head!

Advertisement