Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT Residential Package, bye bye unlimited cap

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I’d have to agree that lowering the price would make the cap more palitable but it would still p1$$ me off to have to pay for a product with a cap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by JohnK
    I’d have to agree that lowering the price would make the cap more palitable but it would still p1$$ me off to have to pay for a product with a cap :mad:

Well, I think it's been established that some form of cap is required on the cheaper products (when they eventually are released in 2020), to avoid abuse of the service, ie loads of people constantly d/ling dvd's and mp3's clog up the service for the other normal users. As Dusty said, I'm not gonna pay to subsidise downy downloaderson. If he wants to d/l 10's of gigabytes of crap, he can pay for it.

But 4 gig is far too low on a product this expensive. IMO, I don't think a cap should be imposed on a product costing more than €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Aye, maybe you're right, but as you say, €50 is too expensive for something with a cap.

Those who are likely to be consistently light users should certainly not be paying €60 for DSL connection at half the expected standard speed :)

Ideally, you might expect something like €20 a month for that, with the cap, and for more heavy users who don't want a cap, 30 or 40 a month... certainly not €60 for wuss dsl and €109 for any way proper DSL (I'm assuming the more expensive 'business' dsl esat do has no cap).

zynaps

Advertisement