Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOI system goes tits up

• 20-12-2002 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have problems with BOI tonight-it wouldn't give me as much money as I wanted...
    talked to 365 and there is/was a major glitch..
    Luckily I had no plans to go shopping or drinking tonight, but if I did..
    (what a day for it to happen -one of the busiest shoppin/drinking nights of the year )

jd
    ps if you think business/economy is more appropriate-fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

I work for Financial Instituition, we are supposed to get stuff from them before 6pm but their system is down since well before that and they only just got it back online so much for 100% up time.

Doesn't give you much confidence in them.

Deu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

all the BOL atm's went last night too. And their online banking is gone today. Not good, but still a hell of a lot better than anyone else in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well, with all my time banking with AIB I have never had the ATM's go down, fair enuf I cant access my 24 hour banking on a thursday night around 3 am, but thats because I get paid so it goes off line or something.

Never had any problems though.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Seems to be back now. I tried an ATM 15 mins ago, I couldnt get a balance. Now I can log into banking 365. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

was there something about NOT being able to use BOI cards in AIB ATMs anymore due to a row over fees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Lump
    Well, with all my time banking with AIB I have never had the ATM's go down, fair enuf I cant access my 24 hour banking on a thursday night around 3 am, but thats because I get paid so it goes off line or something.

Never had any problems though.

John

24HR Banking goes down every night - systems update - comes back anytime between 5 to 7 am

As for BOI cards and AIB machines - I havent heard of any probs myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by STaN
    was there something about NOT being able to use BOI cards in AIB ATMs anymore due to a row over fees?

It worked for me twice yesterday... no issue there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by STaN

Might happen yet (er, but not yet:)) - there was a lot of hassle in the UK for a few years. Banks were charging non-customers' banks anything up to a pound per transaction to use their machines. It's business as normal now as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The whole system went tits up.

Anyone know of cash is coming out now ???

In work havnet checked yet.

but 365 was down and it shows no money in my account :eek:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Yeah...always happens around Christmas. It seems to be back in order now. It was odd...I could only take out 50 cash last night, and it was our Work Social Club do! Not good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

The row in the UK was settled to the benefit of the consumer. It's possible to use any bank's atm without charge now.

I personally think it's diabolical that a bank can charge you for the privilege of investing your money in African arms cartels (allegedly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

No problem here anyway. Went and used the Machine as normal(BOI). Got all the money I needed and gave me a right balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There was a mail sent round my company this morning saying anyone with BOI wasn't paid last night because of this glitch. There's lots of unhappy campers here :)
    I'm glad i'm with Ulster Bank heheh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And BOI and AIB want to merge their computer systems, hmmm and have the whole country* screwed, hmmm maybe not Mr. Banking Regulator.

* Even if you bank elsewhere, the knock on effect would be too great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I watched a BOI ATM booting up after a crash a few days ago. It was a fecking dos box - I think the guy on the ATM next to it got a bit worried at me giggling watching it go through autoexec.bat ending with machine.exe giving an error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Sico
    I watched a BOI ATM booting up after a crash a few days ago. It was a fecking dos box - I think the guy on the ATM next to it got a bit worried at me giggling watching it go through autoexec.bat ending with machine.exe giving an error.

They run on a modifed version on WINNT.

Just think windows is taking care fo your money :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah, so that's why the ATM were limiting everyone on BOI to €60 yesterday. Was blinkin annoying. Had to buy christmas pressies with me credit card, when I had more than enough in the bank :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

BOI had an ad today apologising for the inconvenience. Apparently the problems are supposed to be fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

hmm all ill say is, if BOI had stayed with a certain security company, and not changed to the other two (cheaper) security companies, then their machines would be serviced properly....

thats my 2 cents

• Advertisement
Advertisement