Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The spike! The spike!

Options
  • 20-12-2002 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

On March 13th next year i will be climbing that spike thing on O'Connell Street.

Although there is a good chance that it will be caked in a pungent layer of urine and vomitous3 cm thick, i will do this.

Good day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

That's disgusting but you're probably right. Good luck with that! And it's not a spike...it's a BIG PRICK! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

sex on the brain sandi

I told you to go see a therapist about that. It's not healthy the amount you think about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

Ah the Stiffey by the Liffey!!!!

Money well spent I'd say.

It can become a meeting point for the homeless, for drug addicts trying to kick the habit, for the unemployed and all those who want to go and see how the Government feel we should spend a few million that could go a long way to solving their problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gary D

I hear its meant to bring back the WOW-FACTOR TO Dublin, i mean what the f#*k is that all about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i think it'll be ****ing deadly, a big monument to nothing. like the eiffel tower (which also wasn't very well received by the french, if the pixies taught me anything, but he built it anyway, and now they love it). and yes, sure they should've spent the money on a couple of homeless shelters, but if you were to use that argument, then there'd be no art/architecture, just row upon row of seventies style blocks over dublin (bcos it'd be cheaper) and we'd melt down all the old statues for iron and steel, if we could make a profit. or something.

anyway, it'll probably go the way of the clock in the liffey (remember that?) although if it doesn't work out, it might cause a lot of damage and chaos and people screaming and

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 THE BEGTETS

excuse me you're doing what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

big arguments going on in the ofice heere

*headache*

were u supposed to just stop in mid post like that o sleep??? he he.

i for one will be watching mr 66 from the toilets with some microwave popcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I was hoping they'd call it 'the prick' ... in honour of Bertie Ahern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

may i suggest that you jump out of a plane and try and land on it insted????
    Thats what all gay folk are going to attempt , extreme sports bummer style :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Such gargantuan penetration had occured to me but i have a wife and kids to think about, and what kind of role model would i be if i was being shafted by 300 metre spike in our nations capital?

I ask you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

The mind boggles.

It also suffers from disastrously horrible mental images..

Me too. My imagery on this occassion was far to vivid and disturbing.

Unless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elaine

Whats with that spike thing anyway? Its gonna look crap. What a waste of money.........just think of all the alcohol that could have been bought with that money:)

Well we never had the money in the first place to spend on alcohol so it doesn't really matter. They should have done something worth while with the cash, like help out charities or build a homeless shelter, etc.

I saw the base of the Spike the other day. Looked very phallic lit up by the lights from Henry Street. A grand old advertisement for Ann Summers, no? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Al Higgins

Ann Summers.....hmmmm...

I know(and have the photos to prove it)that mr 66e lokks very good in a dress so maybe a quick trip to Ann Summers before the spike hike is on the cards....

...I see the headlines now"Dublin musician in drag attempts to shag the stiffy by the Liffy!":D

Right Higgins, thats it!

Its 130 euro for an hour, with that you get everything and then some. A little specialty of mine is the 'whopper chopper'...

...it's probably best if i just show you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

what i don't understand is why you're climbing it on the 13th of march in particular? it doesn't make any sense (nor does the actual process of climbing it ... isn't it going to be incredibly difficult what with it being all stainless steel and all?).

and of course i meant to stop in mid sentance in that last post ...

It's a stupid stunt to protest at the stupidity of the cunning stunts that decided to erect it in the first place, right the66electric? :p

Now see, my mind might be in the gutter here - well, I know it is - but.. a man shimmying up a tall, smooth, phallic shaped object with a red, pulsating tip? Hmm..

I'll have my camera ready, don't you worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by bandit
    may i suggest that you jump out of a plane and try and land on it insted????
    Thats what all gay folk are going to attempt , extreme sports bummer style :D

Ironically enough, it's gonna be 15cm at the tip, roughly the length of the average prick, so such an attempt at impalership would be quite a bloody mess indeed, and the not the smooth separation of torso from legs that one would imagine :)

& I thought I was warped.

My reasons are my own.

As to the choice of date, i opened a calender, closed my eyes, and plonked my finger down, it landed on 13th march.

irony is the only language i undestand...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

May I suggest at this point we defer the next pub crawl to March the 13th in honour of this wonderful event?

I personally am excited at the prospect of getting pretty langered at cheering at a man climbing a giant...er....phallic symbol before retiring to the pub once again to discuss what he did wrong and how I would have done it better, then getting even more langered and attempting to do it myself.

Read into this post what you will, people, you usually do. :(

Bless you, Mister 66 electric, you've given me something to look forward to. Bless you.

I accept your blessings. People say 'Wow, your so brave and great, you are one of a kind' and all that, and all i can say is 'yeah. yeah i am'.

Advertisement