Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDR Back Up will Install, but not load

• 20-12-2002 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi

My friend and I bought Monoploy on CD-ROM. We made Cdr back ups of the software for back purposes only, but it will only install and I cannot play the game, while my friend can install and play his Cdr back up on his computer. I have a Dell with Widows XP and he has a Compaq with Widows 9x . Any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

:D
    JeezLouise, you could have at least worked the story a little better. You made the copy for backup purposes only but now you're concerned that the two of you can't play the game using both copies? Hehe

Can't help much with the problem - you probably need a NoCD loader but this thread will probably be binned before you get to read it again:)

(edit)may as well play the card:warezmonkey.jpg

Hundreds of warez forums on the Net and they all come here.

FYI, here's how you rework your story so people will leave it alone:
    I (note use of singular) bought Monopoly on CDROM and made a backup copy (which legally I'm entitled to do). My dog ate the original CD so now I'm playing the game using the backup copy. I have two PCs (note change in story) - one is a Dell running Windows XP and the second is a Compaq with Win98. The game ran fine on the Compaq. I have uninstalled the game from this machine (so anally-retentive types won't make an issue of your installing the game on two machines (I do it on desktop and laptop but I don't tell everyone about it (except now). The damn thing won't run on the Win XP machine! Anyone know anything etc etc?

See - easy.

Sorry to be a b0ll1x about this but the rules are nicely posted - there are plenty of other places where you'll get nice answers even posting the original question. Warez is warez and boards.ie is boards.ie and never the twain shall meet.

Advertisement