Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica coming to town !!

Options
  • 20-12-2002 4:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I heard that Metallica are confirmed for a gig on august 21st. Is it true ???!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

these are the confirmed dates

6th June: Rock am Ring festival Germany.
    8th June: Rock im Park festival Germany.
    27th June: Roskilde Festival, Roskilde Denmark.

rumoured:
    1st June: Monsters Of Rock festival, Donnington Park England.
    25th-27th. Aug Reading/Leeds Festival England

no irish date yet but if there is one it will be in June/July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

The best band in the world are coming.

YIPPEEEEEEEE.

http://www.metallica.com/tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

CHRIST JESUS ITS CONFIRMED!

AUGUST 21st!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Who's gonna play bass?!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Bob Rock believe it or not !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://www.popstar.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

OHMIGOD! Woo-hoo! I'm soooo there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

YESSSSS!!!!!!! I'm so happy, it's confirmed and on their website August 21st in Dublin they are playing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Did anybody read the news on the link for Dec 17th? It says:

Dec 17, 2002
    The band is currently in negotiations to appear at the Reading Festival in the U.K.. Festival dates are August 21-24, Metallica's appearance date will be announced here as soon as it is confirmed.

Now they have announced they are playing Dublin on the 21st. The NME website says a venue is to be confirmed. Is it possible that the Mean Fiddler have got the go-ahead to host the Carling Weekend in Kells, as was rumoured not so long ago?

p.s. I know Kells is in Meath, but maybe the Metallica people don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

yey! wooooooooo! Metallica.. dublin! woohoo!!!!!

i dunno about kells but it will more than likely be an outdoor gig, i have a feeling it might be held in Punchestown Racecourse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

the address given above is a 404 error.

where you want to look for this information and other stuff is
    http://www.metontour.com
    that's the METallica ON TOUR website...

also, i don't think it'll be an outdoor gig guys, sorry... butt look at it this way, last 2 times metallica played ireland, it was The Point. no matter whether they were doing Donnington or Lollapalooza or even Woodstock, in Ireland, it's always been the point. i think when the site spoke about festivals on those dates -

"Dec 17, 2002
    The band is currently in negotiations to appear at the Reading Festival in the U.K.. Festival dates are August 21-24, Metallica's appearance date will be announced here as soon as it is confirmed."

it was talking about the reading fastival, saying that it's on on those dates and that metallica will play one of those dates at the festival.
    and then in the other bit, the 2 english dates on the list -

"Dec 19, 2002
    More Eurodates Confirmed

Aug 21st - Dublin, IRELAND
    Aug 22nd - Leeds Festival, UK
    Aug 24th - Reading Festival, UK"

are both festival dates. i don't want to come across like one of these pedantic geeks with my nit-picking - i'm doing it anyway amn't i - but i just don't reckon we should get our hopes up on an outdoor gig (which would kick some righteous donkey) until the venue's confirmed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elaine

Im there already!!! I wonder will they do much of their older stuff? That will be a great gig......not as good as the foo fighters gig i went to though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ross_k

hmm, Aug 21, that's around Slane time isn't it?

Metallica headlining Slane, that has the potential for lengendary status.... still, Sir Henry doesn't annouce his bands until at least spring time, so I'd be doubtful anyway.

Originally posted by ross_k
    hmm, Aug 21, that's around Slane time isn't it?

Metallica headlining Slane, that has the potential for lengendary status.... still, Sir Henry doesn't annouce his bands until at least spring time, so I'd be doubtful anyway.

aug 21 is on a thursday so i doubt they will be playing slane,my money is still on Punchestown Racecourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

I think I heard a rumour that Vince Power was bringing a Reading Style festival to Ireland.

As they are playing at Reading the following week it could be going ahead. Pure Speculation though.

Advertisement