Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horror games

Options
  • 09-01-2000 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Whats the best horror game you've ever played.For shear underware soiling action i say silent hill on the playstation.It dosent scare you it more gradually freakes you out with f u c k e d up camera angles and freaky sounds and ****ed up imagery.Youll never forget the first time you see a child like figure stumbbling towards you with a knive......and you have to savagely beat it eith a crowbar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

System Shock 2. Creepy as hell. 'Little ones need meat to grow up big & strong!!' brrr.... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Deffo System shock 2. The way there's never any quiet places where u can relax keeps you on your toes smile.gif

Mills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ok, Resident Evil (1&2) has to be my fav horror game.
    Haven't played much of Silent Hill, sounds creepy though...

Just got "House of the Dead" for me Dreamcast tongue.gif, graphics so yummy - you'll **** yourself.

"Aaah, they look so real!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Didnt you just wet your pants in resi 1 when that zombie came out of the wardrobe behind you.It also han one of my favourite gaming moments when you first use the magnum against a zombie and it kinda rips there head off.And i allways new wesker was a bit to cool for the situation at hand.

and also love that masterpeice of FMV at the start heheheheheheeheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Silent hill

Altho i dont go in for horror games much, cos none of them really scare me
    Not even at 4am in the morning...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Oh, I know what I'm getting you next christmas, some suspension of disbelief. smile.gif

Take a bullet for the prez at: The Grotto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Silent Hill. I plain didn't sleep for the 48 hours after getting that one... Such a good game. I keep intending to go back to it and finish it the "proper" way...

Resident Evil 2 spent more time annoying me than it did scaring me... though, there is a corridor in the police station with nothing in it, but when you run too close to the barricaded windows, they burst open and arms reach out to grab you... I jumped at that, I can tell you! Not much else worth being scared of in there, though...

House of the Dead 2 is funny smile.gif Worst voice acting of all time, ever...

I'm looking forward to Resident Evil: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast. More realism in the graphics and a bit more maneouverability should hopefully make for the first innovative Resident Evil game since the original...

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

the school bit in silent hill....
    and that ****er of a twist in system shock 2, mad smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yep SS2, incredibly scary game.

I still hear the monkeys behind me smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

havent really played any of them, but those little bastid things in halflife and the face huggers in AvP really scared the crap outta me on more than one occasion. not scary, but jumpy/fright tactic type stuff
    yis know what i mean

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah the facehuggers in AvP were ba$tards. Especially as the predator and in the wrong vision mode..........nearly impossible to spot smile.gif

Mills

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Resident evil "3"'s pretty damn good, as far as jump outta nowhere shock stuff is concerned . AvP as the marines a bit scarey at times. But definetly RE3 for the good old "what the f**k , where did he come from"

I spent my money on system shock 2 over quake 3 and i must say im a happier man for it.Also i downloaded the multiplayer patch for system but im not sure how to get a game started does anyone want to to explain how to set up a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

sneaking around a base in Metal Gear Solid's hardest difficulty, not noticing the guard patrolling his way up behind you, and absolutely ****TING YOURSELF when that loud ! noise comes on and the dual shock pad jumps out of you hand with the sudden vibration.....
    or maybe i just scare easily smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

horror adventure games i'm looking for:

Harvester,
    Phantasmagoria,
    7th Guest & 11th Hour,
    I Have No Mouth and I must Scream

if anyone has these mail me there..
    wanna give thema shot smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Dino Crisis on the playstation, dinosaurs bursting through doors if their hungry enough(unlike zombies)

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com

kali i think everyone of the games you mentioned are sh1te but you might get second hand versions in gamesworld.(lower liffy street)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kali, i have phantasmagoria if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Half Life - not a horror game but some of the surprises get the adrenaline flowing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Kali,

A mate o' mine bought I Have No Mouth and I must Scream and i laughed my ass off. He confirmed that it was indeed a piece of dirt but if you want it I'll see what I can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

The smurfs platformer *shudder*. Those blue skinned freaks gave me nightmares for days sunglasses.gif

Someones been deleating replies SUSPISIOUS.

con

Advertisement