Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuring Word to saveto remote locations.

• 20-12-2002 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Just a quick query, Has anyone here configured MS Word to save to a remote location, i.e. so that when the user hits save it will all goto the same directory on the remote machine. Or is there a setting smewhere which forces it to save to a certain directory/location?

I havent had a chance to check properly myself so im hoping someone has done this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Go to Tools->Options->File Locations and change the Documents setting.

I don't see what difference it makes as to whether or not the file is stored locally or not...

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

What davej says is correct, but if you can map a network drive to the location that you want the files saved to first it makes the operation less problematic, then follow davej's instructions and use the drive letter you just mapped as your location.

21/25

Advertisement