Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ballon d'or

• 20-12-2002 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

do you think ronaldo deserved the ballon d'or of this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

No. He had a very good world cup but has done very little in Club football this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

so, who in your opinion deserved the ballon d'or?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No, don;t think he did, they based it all on what he did in the world cup and not over the whole year, he has not played well since joining Real.

Who deserved it better I do not honestly know, Henry, Ballack

well, if i had to choose a brazilian, i would go for roberto carlos, after all, he has the most complet palmares this years.
    by the way, henry was a good pretendant too, cause his style, his skill and the amazing trick he made in italy against la roma:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Is it based on the year 2002 or the season 2001/2002.

I couldn't believe that Ronaldo got it, must be purely World Cup based. I think Ballack was excellent all year in the CL and the WC he was OK. Henry might be a candidate next year as he was invisible in the World Cup. Paul Osam perhaps could be in with a shout too (especially for KDJA).

• Advertisement

don't talk about the wc please, that hurts me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Don't thionk Henry should have got it because France were so poor in the world Cup. Possibly Oliver Khan, who was outstanding for Bayern and Germany, or maybe Pires, he was not at the world cup so it can't be held against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

I'd give it ballack - thought he was outstanding in the cl and bundesliga - ronaldo didnt deserve it solely on his world cup

Advertisement