Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft.

Options
  • 24-02-2000 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

got it for the Mac (need something to play on the mac).

EXCELLENT GAME... ok I'm a bit behind the times smile.gif I honestly haven't played it till now. Makes Tib Sun look like a POS (oh wait it already is).

Any intresting links for this game.

Oh yea, what's even funnier the game only needs 27MB of memory to run. So I've had it running with Mac OS running and Windows emulator running on another monitor smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Hunter-killer

Tiberian sun is ten times better than Starcraft. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif [IMG][/img]
    "Death to all those who venture close"

[This message has been edited by Hunter-killer (edited 24-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Naaa, no way.

I get the distinct impression that the little guys are displaying intelligence.

I asked a group to go from A to B, they all but 2 got wiped out by a load of Zergs halfway there. I called them back, then asked them to go from A to B again, this time they sneaked around the place where they got ambushed.

Diversity in how the Zergs build as opposed to the Terrans or Protos, and other little things. Basically didn't feel like I was playing C+C which is what most of these feel like.

Actually it was a little like a 2D BattleZoneII.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

http://members.xoom.com/Xeno_Morph/

This guy has links to some of the best starcraft site. I highly recommend Starcraft.org and starcraft legacy..

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ive never played startcraft but i have to say there are way better games than c&c

i played it when it first came out on the playstaion and enjoyed it, but nothing has changed since. even tib sun was finished playing both teams in a weekend.

dark colony was fun as was total annihilation

Your Dungeon Is On An Incline.
    Irate Creatures Cannot Play Marbles.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I still have the firm belief that red alert is the best.
    "IS" smile.gif

One ring to rule them all, One ring to to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

starcraft rocks! it has a massive following, we had a league for it over here hobbes for a good while. It runs on a ****e computer aswell.

Look up the expansion pack 'Brood Wars'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Tib Sun can be a bit of a laugh in small doses, but it's very unbalanced and the AI cheats... And some of the control systems are from the dark ages. Like having to find an enemy unit and click on it and press A just to ally with someone? Bah, what mensa candidate though up that ridiculous interface...

Starcraft is good fun though, for a quick blast. Only problem with it is the number of people taking it pretty seriously (a la QW) which to my mind makes it less enjoyable... But it's great at a LAN where you know everyone else isnt' a million times better than you smile.gif

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

Advertisement