Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

project ideas?

Options
  • 20-12-2002 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Not sure if this the right place to post this topic but its about vb programing, so here goes (Mods, if you feel it should be in college work or elsewhere, then by all means move it)

I'm looking for ideas on a vb application (using MS Access) that could be applied to a business context - i'm not looking for a reservation/order system or anything similar as the majority of the class seem to be looking at that - i'm not sure what else there is to do? Just wondering if anybody has any ideas? maybe some1 has developed an application for a similar project? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Do a document managment system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

I saw some guy selling one on the web for photographers.
    It kept track of neg numbers, film types, exposure and printing conditions blah blah. It was pretty cool and he was actually making money at it.....

A 5% commission on all your sales is all I ask ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

Do a document managment system.
    Not quite sure how that would work...like a file organiser?(my documents in windows?)
    I saw some guy selling one on the web for photographers.
    Do you remember where you saw this-would be great to actually read up on it myself
    A 5% commission on all your sales is all I ask!
    Of course! sounds fair to me... You've got yourself a deal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Nope. It a system that allows you to control and manage the production of documents through a process. Has functionality such as the floowing. Any search of Document Managment or content management which is similar will give you bucket loads of info.

Document History
    provides an audit trail of every document and profile activity.

Check-in/Check-out
    facilitates the document editing process, tracking documents in use so that you know who has documents and how long they have had them.

Security
    allows you to grant or restrict document access rights to other users or groups in your organization, featuring flexible, configurable security

Electronic Projects
    allow you to logically organize related documents in electronic folder

Templates

Version Control
    lets you create major and minor versions and sub-versions of each document for effective reviewing

Advertisement