Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation2

Options
  • 06-03-2000 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Well it's hit Japan...
    Read about it at www.gaming-age.com

4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The worse bodge of a launch ever.

2 million pre orders.

2 weeks ago, there was talk of them only being able to ship 3/4 million units in the first week, and we figured this would be a major PR blunder.

Then, a week ago, an estimate said 250,000 units. "Nah. Thats scaremongering."

3 days ago, ps2.ign.com reported that there might only be 100,000 available. That was laughed at as being ridiculous.

On the day of launch... to fill 2 million pre orders... Sony shipped....

60,000 units.

No, I didn't miss a zero.

60,000. 3% of their total orders.

The shop where a mate of mine had ordered a unit for me had 200 preorders in total. Over 450 people arrived on the day to buy machines, bundles of Yen in hand. The shop recieved, in total... 12 units.

Ja,
    Rob

--
    [EED]Shinji -=*=- shinji@electricdeath.com
    Site Editor, http://www.utsystem.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well I've come to accept the fact that whenever a hotly anticipated Console gets released, there will be only a handfull of units available, (N64, Playstation, Dreamcast).
    It's a bit mad forking out way over the odds just to have the console before everyone else, and I just have to laugh at those muppets queing outside game stores in the p1ssing rain for days just to be the first to 0wn one.
    Just wait 'till the hype dies down and you'll get one without queing for half the price.... makes sense to me. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

What's the online gaming situation with it anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

AFAIK, their is no modem shipped with it, but one will be available.
    When it gets released over here, you should expect the same shíte as we have with the Dreamcast. (Nearest ISP in the UK)
    That's what I've heard anyway, but I'm sure someone can correct me.

Click here to beat your monkey.

Advertisement