Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 numbers in one phone?

• 20-12-2002 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Is it possible to have a single handset with more than one number? Could you have an 085 and an 087 number in the one phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

I think the carphone warehouse has a dual sim adapter, which lets you use 2 sim cards in one phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Lots of those dual sim adaptors for almost every phone you can think of available on ebay too. AFAIK they have a switch of some sort so you can flick between networks to your heart's content.

Like maxheadroom says, it's the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

How u doin m8

so what fone are u looking for a dual sim for m8! There is two different types there is auto switching and flick switching!

let me know what fone ur looking for one for! might be able to get u one m8 ;)

brophy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

could you tell me where i might get one for a nokia 5210?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

yer its very easy get mulptiple numbers on the one phone, loadsa 087 / 086 / 085 and combinations of them.

Goto your phonebook and add an entry....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 The'real'Guvnor

Auto switching sounds better.

I have a V70.

If you have auto switching will both sims [087 contract + 085 pay as you go] be active at the same time meaning if 085 rings you answer and then if while taking the 085 call the 087 rings it automatically goes to voicemail? Is all this internal?

As for the address book option - very sharp!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

brophy ;) [/B]
    I turn sigs off for a reason, muppet.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

there is nothing in the rules sayin that i cannot post like that m8!

but ok i respect u and i wont post like that!

Am i reading this correct, it's possible to have two sims in one phone?
    How exactly and can this be done with an 8310? and at what cost?
    And how do you choose, which network to call on? surely only one is live at the one time, I have an 086 and 087, are we talking a handset displaying both here?
    Or is it a case of having a dual sim and switching one on or off as you want?
    mm

Advertisement