Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat problom

Options
  • 21-12-2002 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

When I first got my pet she was trained to do her do do's in the tray but over the past week she has been doing her buisness around the tray and scraping litter from the tray onto the ground to cover it up. Whats going on? She was fine earlyer on.

dav

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

she is trying to bury it as cats do when they are wild. Place her in the try and get her to dig with her paws if needed gentlly move her paws so she gets the idea. if that does not get resulsts admonish her ( like you would a child) and let her see you scooping the pellets back into the tray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

the tray probably needs more regular cleaning. cats are spotless animals and do not like doing their business in somewhere which is already dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Absolutely. Make sure it's a fresh tray, and encourage ("teach") her how she should be using the tray. Make sure there's no iffy smells around, or that no other pets have done their bidness in the tray. Cats are very very good with litter training in my experience (and our numerous lovely cats). They get the idea pretty quickly :)

Have you changed anything, like the litter type, or location of the tray?

Advertisement