Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better then Leagues....

Options
  • 10-03-2000 7:57pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

...are ladders

Spinsol is about to burst forth with a kicking ladder system for the IGN. Multiple games supported, multiple players, logins etc.

Lucutus has been working on it and all will be revealed very very soon. Its rather cool (I had shag all to do with it smile.gif ).

It will be donated to the IGN and might be hosted on the boards server (or perhaps somewhere else)...

Duel ladders, 2 v 2 and even clan ladders are supported, for FPS, RTS, or just about any other game.
    (Amp, GL Minesweeper could be supported!)

They work the usual way of ladders.
    You beat a guy above you, you go up some places (I think its half the difference between the two players). Initially there is a big rush to be king of the castle, eventually it settles down to a pecking order.

We'll be instigating some sort of challenge procedure so you can issue public challenges so people can see if the guy on the top is just refusing to play, and not playing at all for a month or more will see you start to slip down the ratings.

You'll be able to see players past form and wins and losses etc.

Any other features people want to see in there? We're putting finishing touches on this now...

Tom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Will Age of Empires 2 be included in the ladder? This game rocks but not enough people play it.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 10-03-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If there is enough interest (say 6 people) I'll put up a ladder for it.

I think AOE2 would be swamped from what I've seen in Nethouse. The best thing about this is that you can play these games anywhere, lan, net, nethouse etc.

Tom.

Advertisement