Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Hifi... opinions tips please

• 21-12-2002 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying an amp and speakers with the idea of just hooking up my computer (i'll prolly get a better soundcard than what i already have too) and my portable MD player and saving on not buying any other components.

I'm in Galway so the only place I've been looking really is the richer sounds website as they'll deliver (are there ay other irish shops that will? or foreign ones that'll be cost effective?)

I'm looking to spend around 500euro on the amp and speakers and interconnects. What are ppls opinion son the Mission M71,72 & 73's? They seem like good bargains. I've no idea what amp to get yet. Any help appreciated

Does anyone have much experience with running sound from a comp through a hifi?

Comments

Can't answer your last question, but the mission speakers are good.
    When you are spening money on something like this, always bear in mind what you might want to do in future, so you won't be throwing out, or selling second hand.

There are lots of online hi-fi shops mainly uk and europe based mentioned in the stick above.
    With many it is possible that you will get what you want cheaper than Richer Sounds website, this is because the lower VAT rates in some foreign countries tend to compensate for the extra shipping costs( you will have to pay them with richer anyway unless you call into their store)
    Foreign sites seem to benefit from volume discounts also.
    Other than Richer, the only online I've dealt with, is www.homecinemaheaven.co.uk/
    who are good imho.
    mm

Advertisement