Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boost bar - Guarana

• 21-12-2002 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone actually like this bar?

I was out some time ago and a rather tasty young lady popped one of these into our hands. "MMMmmmm" I thought, and then I realised that she gave me a candy bar, and it was free. We tried it and it was gak. My mate chucked his in the bin and you would be surprised because he certainly likes choccys!

I then just now saw an ad in the paper where you were given a token and you could get a free boost guarana with it. Now I am just remembering that there is an ad on telly.

They seem to be plowing soo much money into marketing this thing when... it is foul!

Does anyone actually like them :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I think I had a Boost bar before and it was pretty nice although no-one else seems to like them..

I'll buy one soon and tell ye what I think. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I think they're a poor replacement for Moro bars, and I have yet to experience any kind of Boost from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Horrible.

They're not a replacement for Moros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Nothing could ever replace Moro bars, they're just toooooo good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Moros? are they gone? the slighly salty biscuit, the strange textured chocolate substance, the filling removing caramel gone forever? say it is not so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Had one at a lan and it taste like grass was mixed through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Rather liked them
    it taste like grass was mixed through it

hmmm like those special brownies i make ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I like em, but I try not to eat too much chocolate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

its a mutherfsking Moro!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kairo
    its a mutherfsking Moro!
    Tis. The Moro packet had "Soon becoming BOOST!" on it before they were phased out. You can find them occiasionally in smaller newsagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i know someone who eats them religiously

then again she IS a ****ing weirdo, they're mank!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

bring MORO to full production i say, BOOST bars taste like bat droppings....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Moro will soon be called Boost.
    Boost Guarana is to Moro what Galaxy Caramel is to Galaxy, or Caramello is to Dairy Milk.
    Boost Guarana is not replacing the regular Moro bars.

You can buy moros in most places. Cadburys havent changed the name to boost yet. So when a shop orders them they order Moros. If there's none in your local shop it means that they havent ordered any off Cadburys. It's that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Boosts taste like soft mushy moros.
    The women in the ad are nice, and the way the cute hoor slaps yer man's head in an act of faux-courage is juat class :)

Nice thighs on yer "babalesque-ah" wan too.

Still a piece of shíte bar though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

They were out a few years back weren't they, without the Guarana?
    Anyway, they're not the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

Has anyone received a boost from these bars. If I eat a boost bar and wash it down with a can of red bull will I be bouncing off the walls after a few minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Worst bar in the world EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I think they taste great. :)

Originally posted by Rolo Tomasi
    Has anyone received a boost from these bars. If I eat a boost bar and wash it down with a can of red bull will I be bouncing off the walls after a few minutes?
    No. Unless you're VERY sensitive to guarana and other such stimulants, in which case it probably wouldn't have much affect anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I have it on good authority that moro is boost and boost guarana however u spell it was a mistake on Cadbury's part at a high nrg bar dealy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

BA BA LAYSCO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I always take guarana before going out drinking - about 2500mg - I feel it helps avoid a hangover and makes me feel a bit more 'lively' when I'm out. I have tried - and like Boost Guarana but there's very little guarana in it.

Advertisement