Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight through Twisted Pair

Options
  • 21-12-2002 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I got a Switch, and figured out I have the wrong cabling, doh!
    I have crossover twisted pair, but I should have staight through twisted pair, I was looking on komplett, under UTP, for some. There are different types, patch and drop, which should I get, or could something make me up some?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Patch is soft flexible cable uasally used for going shot point to point distances (wall plate to pc etc...)

Drop cable is less flexible and more robust, its used for going in the walls etc...

Either will do the job for u id say...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

all you want is UTP Non-crossover( that is for use with out a switch or hub connection).

and Cat 5 is nicest :).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I've just cut one of the cables and put it non- crossover. One down. I have cable long enough to connect the other 2 PC's but I need 2 heads, and probably a crimping tool or something.. any suggestions

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Heads are about 50c and a crimper is €20~

Advertisement