Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detonator Driver Problems

• 21-12-2002 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I can't uninstall my dentonator drivers. i was trying to go from 30.xx to 40.xx and 40.xx didn't install right, games like CS had the sky flashing and stuff before it crashes and I have to cut power to restart the machine. I realised that the old drivers still appear to be installed after I uninstall them and restart. And the wont uninstall properly

I have tried the 30.xx to 40.xx patch, didn't work, detonator destroyer and It couldn't uninstall them either saying that they are 3rd party and couldn't start the uninstall program. But they were got off the nvidia website

I can't get rid of the detonator drivers and now counter strike is starting to jerk a bit even though it running 100fps easy, what could I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

try taking out ur graphics card, out of the agp slot, and restart ur PC with an old shjitty one in. Then put the good graphics card back in, and install the detonators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I haven't tried what conz said, If I did replace the card the driver files for the GF3 will still be on the system, no?

Another thing, When I go to add/remove the size appears beside it on XP and the size varies each time, e.g. 27MB, 11MB or sometimes no size is shown but the driver versions are the same i.e. 5.13.01.2183

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Download Detonator deleter or Detonator destroyer, not sure about the exact name but you should be able to Google it.

I have used in the past and it worked for me.

I have tried the 30.xx to 40.xx patch, didn't work, detonator destroyer and It couldn't uninstall them either saying that they are 3rd party and couldn't start the uninstall program. But they were got off the nvidia website

Hes used the Det's destroyer, they dont work..
    haven't tried what conz said, If I did replace the card the driver files for the GF3 will still be on the system, no?

Well install generic drivers for the old crappy card you have and the Nvidia drivers should be totally gone.
    Then shut down, put the gf3 back in and reboot. You might as well install the generic gf3 drivers firstly, the ones Windows have, then reboot and install the detonators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Sorry, just scanned the post. You could try changing the driver to standard VGA then rebooting into safe mode. Once in there, delete any nvidia files from the system32 folder (mostly nv*.dll) - you can tell by r.clicking and looking at the company name on the Version tab. Doing a search for nvidia in the registry and deleting keys may work too...

Once you reboot cancel any auto install and run the detonator exe to set up.

All very risky of course, but it looks like you'll have to reinstall if you can't fix it anyways so its worth a shot.

• Advertisement

I still haven't tried what conz said because I don't have a graphics card available to to do it at the moment. I can get the 30.82 ones in but if I put in the 41.09 ones , there are problems. This is where I think the problem is.

1. The drivers are not digitally signed.
    All other detonators have them signed, don't they?

2. Games dont run properly.
    Flashing Skies and crashes.

Again I tried the patch off guru3d for this but It didn't work

hmm.
    try just taking out the GF3, and reinserting it.
    not sure wether it will work, try it anyways thuogh.

Actually did take it out, THEN realised I hadn't anthing to put in instead, doh! The can of budweiser didn't fit either, I'll have to ring dell in the morning.:D :D

Advertisement