Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jerry on BBC 2

• 21-12-2002 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Mark Lammar will be doing a programme on Jan 12 focusing on comedians and Jerry is one of them, if it wsn't for that News section on Dave's site I would never have known.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I'll make sure to tune in for this :)

I like Lamaar's brand of comedy too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

i've checked out the various tv guides & there is no mention of a show focusing on comedy on bbc2 on jan 12th or any days around that - all that is on is 'never mind the buzzcocks'.

so it may be on in a few weeks instead - hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Its on this Sat although it will focus on the 40's and 50's of stand up comedy era, I'll be in London to see the mighty Blues.

10:20 pm

Good Stuff Ciaran,

That means Jerry should be on in a few weeks!?

--

Cant see the Blues beating Arsenal in the next round of the cup :p
    Who are they playing at the weekend?

• Advertisement

Blackburn, can I see Chelsea beating Arse? honestly I can't but its The FA Cup and something can happen they do have weakensses though particulary Cambell who IMHO is overrated and also their overconfidence I'd love to wipe that smug smile off Wenger's face.
    Its 10:25 not 10:20

I always thought Campbell was overated too!

The gooners are a good side but I dont think they are Champions League Contenders, and depending on how the dressing room antics "heal" at Old Trafford, MU might catch them yet for the premiership :)

--
    Its a pity Duff will still be injured for Blackburn game :(

No David Thompson either, unil the gooners win The CL they'll be considered a great side but they can be too causal in front of goal and thats what will cost them The CL.

Michae Richards is in London so I'm going to be like Kramer and he's going to be like Fred Savage.

He's performing in Theatre I think.

I think he mentioned something about it when he was on graham Norton.

• Advertisement

going to check if there's tickets available

I've got tickets I hope he'll come out afterwards, can't wait

Make sure to bring your camera :)

Unfortunately I forgot the camera I was in a big rush and I knew something bad was in the air our plane had to be diverted to cardiff as there was poor visibility and Chelsea lost 1-2 to Blackburn shocked and gutted., just made the game
    The play was fantasic he exelled in the role of Jonathan Brewster brought lots of his Kramer character to the stage and there was a few of his mannerisms he was quite menacing also he got the biggest applause and a "I'm not worthy salute from a cast member(steven Tompkinson) it was great to see him., but I wish I was closer
    The play was Arsenic and old lace the classic 1941 play.

FYI on Sat night Shelly Berhman was in the Stand up Merica show he of course is Cheryl's dad in CYE.

I'll scan ya the cover of the programme. :)

That all sounded really cool- You Saw Kramer in the Flesh!!

Poor ould Chelsea, Sunk by the might of Blackburn :D
    I remember I looked at 4.45 on the BBC website on Sat. expecting it to finish a nil all draw- I was a bit shocked to say the least when I saw the result later!

--
    "StandUp America" was excellent-
    I thought Lamar was quite good-

It touched on alot of stuff that Jerry talks about in the "jerry on Standup" tape you sent me. Stuff about the Inherent leaning of Lower East Side Jews towards comedy- something Robert Klein and Mel Brooks both talked about and then the Holiday camps in the Catskills- I thought that looked hilarious!

I'm looking forward to next week already :)
    [its on at 10.30 pm bbc2 next sat.]

Ironically heres an article about what I was talking about the Jews in showbiz form the NY Times Website...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/28/arts/design/28GLUE.html?ex=1047186000&en=26ba261214a8ea9d&ei=5040&partner=MOREOVER

--
    Dont forget it tonight :)

I saw it I found the Lenny Bruce part fascinating Jerry is not on next week must be the week after.

Well done Dave Pool deserved it some outstanding performances Gerrard Hamman and Oppl writing off Owen form is temporary class is permanent, pretty pissed about Chles losing to Newcastle, I hope u will be cheering us on against The Gooners.

Gawd, the Lenny Bruce thing was amazing.

TBH, I'd only ever heard of him in passing. Must keep an eye out for the film about him w/ Dustin Hoffman.

Looking forward to next week again :)

--
    Liverpool deserved it alright, but its small potatoes when you see the gooners and MU fighting it out for the Premiership and Champions League :(

Better than nothing I suppose!

--
    [Chelsea wish they were us :p -
    Btw somebody forgot to tell Jummy Floyd what end hes supposed to score in!! ]

• Advertisement

a 0-0 draw and then take the arse back to the bridge, they know what to expect so I'm hoping Ranners throws Cole on against them Keown won't know what hit him but he'll prob be on the bench.

not 0-0 but back to the bridge where we can really shut them up, we started super but they really pushed us back.

I missed it last night Jerry is on next week.:)

ooh luck of the draw in the semis if you can beat the gooners!

--
    Another excellent installment on Saturday- Richard Simmons, Eddie Murphy, Lili Tomlin, THe Smother Brothers and of course George Carlin to name but a few :) The Comedy sections in the bookstores in NY are just filled with George Carlin stuff. Theres actually a whole thing on Airports he does which is hillarious. TBH, The stuff from I'm Telling you for the last time by Jerry is ripped off Carlins gags from 20 years earlier!

They didnt specifically preview Jerry for next week but its defintely coming into to his era- They will have Sam Kinison on- (he died in car crash in 1991) who I really dislike- hes a small fat guy with long hair. They'll also have Chris Rock. Hopefully they interview Jerry too :)

Jerry is definitaly on tonight get that tape ready if you're not going to be in.:)

I stand corrected a clip from The Cartoon that was it? It turned into The Chris Rock show.:mad:

Yeah there wasnt much about jerry. Although M. Lamar said Seinfeld was the greatest sitcom ever and then moved swiftly on:rolleyes:

Chris Rock though is a legend. I've been downloading loads of stuff of his lately. I remember when that HBO special came out in the early 90's - you know the one with the Bl*cks vs the N*ggas :p.

Overall it was a very enjoyable series and I'll keep it on tape.

--
    BTW, I did say Sam Kinison was a sick b*stard. I think that just showed it!

Advertisement