Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom.net address book

Options
  • 21-12-2002 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

My Eircom.net address book has disappeared.

I contacted Eircom & have got no response.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

its most likely on your computer. Do you use outlook or outlook express or heaven forbid a non-microsoft email program ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I am using outlook Express but I was keeping my address book on Eircom.net in case I was accessing my email account from another computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

If it's your address book on their webmail that's vanished, you're better off mailing or calling them. There's nothing much anyone here can do to get that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If it's the free webmail you use with Eircom there isn't much that they will do for you either unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

i had a similar problem with eircom.net webmail. i stopped using the webmail part of it two years ago (instead collecting all my emails by pop3). but i still had about 800emails on the webmail.
    i checked the webmail one time to get an old email and ALL the emails were gone, every single folder was empty. and every time i rang the 1550 (i think) number i was given a different answer by them. i was really really angry and they basically fobbed me off ervery time. apparently all my emails got deleted cos i didnt use the webmail part of it for a few months (even though i collected my mail through pop3 about 10 times a day) and they never emailed me to say that they would be deleted.

anyway, dont bother ringing them cos they will most likely give you different answers every time you ring them. and cost you 70or 80cents a minute.

dw

• Advertisement

Originally posted by drrnwbb
    apparently all my emails got deleted cos i didnt use the webmail part of it for a few months

thats the trouble with free webmail. Hotmail does that iswell, they deactivate your account if you dont have it active for a certain length of time. You can reactivate it but all your old emails will have been deleted.

Corkboyo, do a search on your harddrive for a "*.wab"

just make sure you exclude the asterisks. If your computer picks up any files, double click and see if thats your address book. If none of them are, then unfortunally I'd say you will have lost the address book unless you get really lucky with eircom staff ...

Originally posted by ando
    Corkboyo, do a search on your harddrive for a "*.wab"

just make sure you exclude the asterisks. If your computer picks up any files, double click and see if thats your address book. If none of them are, then unfortunally I'd say you will have lost the address book unless you get really lucky with eircom staff ...

How/why would anyone in Eircom be able to recover a deleted wab file?
    I think Cork's talking about the address book on webmail.

since he's using outlook express to download messages from eircom, he possably could be using a local address book and does not know it? Thats why I wanted him to do a search on his local harddrive iswell. Anything is worth a shot

Originally posted by ando
    since he's using outlook express to download messages from eircom, he possably could be using a local address book and does not know it? Thats why I wanted him to do a search on his local harddrive iswell. Anything is worth a shot

Fair enough, but nobody in Eircom is going to be able to recover a deleted wab file, if that's the one being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

ando: agreed, the part that i was upset with is that they never alerted me to the fact that my emails would be deleted. i was accessing the pop3 server every single day, they should have noticed that. i was waiting for a fast enough connection and enough free time to fwd myself those 800emails. ah well. such is life. ah well, thats my only complaint with eircom.net email. normally very very good. (sorry for the slight threadjacking)

dw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Thanks for all your help.

Eircom got back to me - the address book has disappeared.

I surpose - I should have kept a copy on floppy disk.

I tought having my address book on webmail would be safe.

I'll know better next time.

Thanks & Have a Happy 2003.

Advertisement