Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bios flash?

• 21-12-2002 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

just out of interest is it hard to flash ur bios? is there an advantage to doing it every now & again like keeping drivers up to date, or is it only to be done when nuthin else works?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pros can update hardware to perform /work better.

cons bad flash and you have a nice paper weight.

Should do it if you have an error that the update will fix ,if you dont have an error leave well enough alone :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by KdjaC

cons bad flash and you have a nice paper weight.
    kdjac

and a fine one my abit kt7a raid is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

One of these bad boys can stop all the woe.... THE BIOS SAVIOUR :)

http://www.meetthegeeks.org/ourreview/2002/rd1biossaviour/

There are a couple of other vendors also , worth a google if you are serious about it.

iosaver.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

I tried to update my bios recently and screwed it up when the flash software hung half way through (which happens quite a lot), I used www.badflash.com and found them excellent, got a new chip within a week and only cost $25.
    Worth remembering if you are stuck.

21/25

Advertisement