Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looks like I may be Communicatorless for Christmas

• 21-12-2002 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

I ordered a Nokia 9210i as an upgrade directly from Vodafone in October. The display died after a month. I'm currently living in the middle of nowhere, so on the advice of Vodafone customer care staff I posted it off to MPRC in early November. They sent it off to Communicaid. Two weeks later they told me that it was back, in quality control and would be sent out to me by courier the next day.

I waited and waited. Rang them up to be told that there were complications. Communicaid had refused to fix it as 'the memory card was missing'. Eventually convinced them (via MPRC person) that the 9210i does not come with a removable memory card (and as I only had it for four weeks I hadn't bought one). Honesty, you would think Communicaid of all people would know this, but anyway. Then was told by MPRC person that Communicaid would fix it and upgrade firmware, but if I put a memory card in it would flash the phone and I'd need to send it in again (?!). Was a bit disgruntled, but just wanted my phone back, so said fine. Phone was sent back to Communicaid.

Well it seems that it wasn't repairable after all, as three weeks later I got a replacement model back. I could be imagining this, but the screen doesn't seem to open out fully (not that I care too much as long as it works). Of course I have no way of being sure at the moment as I didn't receive a battery with it. I sent mine in with the phone and it was recorded on MPRC invoice. Rang MPRC on Monday and they said they would source one for me. I rang them again on Thursday and they said it had just been sent out by courier. It is now after six on Saturday evening and there's no sign of it.

Has anyone else had a similar experience when getting their Communicator fixed/upgraded, or have I just been unlucky?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by sunbeam
    Has anyone else had a similar experience when getting their Communicator fixed/upgraded, or have I just been unlucky?

not had a communicator repaired - did have a 8850 repaired with MPRC when it got the screen fade/freeze problem - after 3 months it developed the same problem again

thanks for sharing your story though - i was thinking of sending my 7650 to MPRC to get the software upgraded as i can't find any over the counter service points that can do it - but i'll be avoiding them after hearing your nightmare

hope you get the battery soon
    Brian G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Try Aircall instead. There website is http://www.aircall.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Shilo

To be honest, MPRC aren't that bad. And they're a lot better than some! I deal with them on a daily basis and they are usually at least willing to try and be helpful.

The trouble with Communicaid is that you cannot deal with them directly which means it's harder than it should be to rectify any problems you may have with them. If something has to go through two companies to get fixed, there can often be a breakdown in communication.

You're safe enough on things like software upgrades though. There's no repairing to be done there so it's unlikely to cause complications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Yeah, I'd agree that Communicaid are probably where the problem was. After all they are the ones who provided the replacement. I'm started to get a bit worried though after doing a few searches and coming across stories of people who went through two or three faulty communicators in a row. Everything crossed that the replacement lasts a bit longer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Battery arrived at 8.30 am this morning with apologies from the courier for it being late. It had been sent out on the 19th as MPRC had said. Definitely worth getting out of bed for.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement