Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bit of lannage ? midlands bogger style

Options
  • 21-12-2002 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right lads in the past myself and a few others have tried very hard to set up biggish lans so we could play games/trade stuff ( all freeware ;) )

so basicly its always been the same few lads that attend it myself ivan his brother and once pokes energizer and one r two other that dont go onto boards mutch wondering if there is any intrest for one ?

btw they have always been non profit making only thing we had to pay for in the past was the food and taxi's due to it bing in somones house but i would prefear it in another location ( 9 ppl in a very small room dont work well )

locations that i was thinking of was athlone , portlaois , tullamore havnt decided on one as yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I like games, Sounds like a good idea.
    Where would you hold it though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

and when? I have some gear that would speed up the fragging..(switches etc.)

what games are ye thinking of? battle chess? Reversi? Internet solitaire?

Games? lets see.... Quake3! (ill kick your ass) and some CS and ut2K3 if possible.

Oh Rogue Spear is quite good for Lan play too.

<edit> where are you from beetle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well ive got a nice es 2810 switch by fore so if there aint more then 24 ppl it could do the lot. but ill keep that in mind .ppl will have to bring there own computers nic's and cable for the event basicly i want to see if there is numbers and decide the location then

as for games im voting solitare as my number one choise and mine sweeper

but cs q3 ut2003 ( if ppl have it ) wc3 erm.. starcraft ? nwn ?

as for date non decided yet just want to get the rest of the info up

I prefer "explode your enemys face" games like quake and Unreal but i have nothing against strategy games. I used to play tiberian sun a lot.

If this takes place it should be a good bit after christmas.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    If this takes place it should be a good bit after christmas.

/me nods

Jinxed might also be interested but he dosent use boards a lot.

Pokes, boober and orangerooster have not posted yet but im sure they would be interested.

As would kaimera.

Leon- the french operative might be interested.

Oh wait he has a voodoo2, so no he wont be interested at all.(640x480 8 fps in Dust, amazingly poor)

hehe
    dose he want a v 3 3k ?agp

Funny, he has one already. Got it from jinxed.

Its the 3500 one. Fastest V3 with TV in and out, nice card.

The problem is he has no AGP slot!

I was laughing quite a lot as he tried to put it in a PCI slot.

He's tryin to get a Cheap Socket A motherboard.
    I dont have the heart to tell him he will need more than a 230watt PSU to use it.

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki

He's tryin to get a Cheap Socket A motherboard.
    I dont have the heart to tell him he will need more than a 230watt PSU to use it.

it could work depending on the board .

• Advertisement

It would be pretty risky imo.

Can anyone get/sell me a copy of Win2k?

one guy used to work in ocs cant rember his name offhand ... mike ? maby unsure tall guy from mountmellic with glasses anyways ask him i know he has one . all else fails pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Well im definitely interested anyways, any ideas yet as to when and where this could be held ?

one guy used to work in ocs cant rember his name offhand ... mike ? maby unsure tall guy from mountmellic with glasses anyways ask him i know he has one . all else fails pm me

Cant think who that would be, I probably know him to see.

Orangerooster has vanished, or rather he got a new PC and is playin Unreal 2003 etc.

I got that copy of win2k, now my lan-card actually works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

So how bout some details on the thing itself? As for games, Ill give my vote to:
    1 NWN
    2 War3
    3 CS/NS

Location wise have you made any decisions?
    As for:
    we could play games/trade stuff
    Im well up for that :)

well only trade what is legal to trade we dont want anything bold going on :rolleyes: that could get somone in trouble

Aye I didnt mean to imply anything illegal :). Good luck on the whole thing btw, Ill definately go if circumstances allow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

If all else fails for location, I could get you a room in the community center in kilcormac. And if no one is looking, hook you up to the satalite net connection. I can also supply cabaling for anyone who needs it. If there is anything else you need E, drop me a line.

I was thinking we could hire something like a large conference room.

There is a hotel near portlaoise (cant spell it, monteque?) that has very good facilitys.
    I was looking around the place while I was a party there.

Originally posted by TomTom
    If all else fails for location, I could get you a room in the community center in kilcormac. And if no one is looking, hook you up to the satalite net connection. I can also supply cabaling for anyone who needs it. If there is anything else you need E, drop me a line.

was going to depend on ya icon_thumbs.gif
    I was thinking we could hire something like a large conference room.

ye have been looking at that for a while now but to no avail well ye there is but its under certian conditions
    1. no alco
    2. no food
    3. no staying after xpm
    4. not allowed for all day all night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Not dissapeared just gone out to lunch!If Battlefield 1942 was included my interest would go up a huge amount!

I'll start looking for a place. Need to know numbers for a rough estimate.

thats pritty mutch what im waiting on . i like the ida of kc tho it is hard to get everyone to it would be good crack no interuptions .. er... no food now that i think o... theres a chippers i just rembered ...

no cops
    no rulz .
    just bloody hard to get to

cold maby ?

You could probable convince someone to give you one of the halls for an all nighter, but convincing them to pay for the heating is the problem. Having compititions running throughtout the LAN would be a great excuse for having one.
    Can people who are interisted start putting list their names. When I get enough people I'll start making arangments.
    If you do get the hall, i'm sure smoking, drinking, eating, riding, anything you want would be allowed.

Iol Map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Sounds good to me :)

hmmmm riding ?well depends ...

ye sounds good ill ask around . and sure im sure were all willing to chip in for the bill for that considering well be the ones complaining about it if its not there

anyways ... hmmm just had a small ida of a place ....

Ive set up an email address for people who want to put there names down.

midlands_lan@hotmail.com

elexes, if you want access to the email let me know.

will do right so ... kc looks good

Right count me in, Id like to know a more definate location first tho

• Advertisement

either of ye that have access to the e-mail, can you let me know what the people count is reguarly. As soon as there is about 10 people I will start the process of trying to book a place.

Advertisement