Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm seeing double

• 21-12-2002 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

how does one get rid of this?

i have two network connection folders in my control panel, anyone know reg edits for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

file attached here , for some reason it wouldn't let me on the primary post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by theciscokid

install win2k :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

git :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by theciscokid

i have two network connection folders in my control panel, anyone know reg edits for this?

Argh Windows XP. Get rid of it quick. Get Win 2k. Umm Can't help you any other way but I have XP at home and it gives me problems all the time. Well if your not having any trouble with ure PC I Think you should leave the two network connections that will ensure you that you won't mess up the computer yourself(therefore loosing your garantee if you do).

But my opinion is to get rid of that JUNK OS Windows XP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

It's a double reg entry most likely...

Go to regedit and find this path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\Extended Properties\{305CA226-D286-468e-B848-2B2E8E697B74} 2

When you get there, you're looking for more than one slightly adjusted instance of the following that's selected in the pic. Just delete one.

reg.jpg

Don't know about XP home but I do know that professional is the most stable operating system I've used and I'm currently using it for uptime crucial server monitoring, yes you heard me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

I've used this to get rid of an icon I didn't want in control panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by bricks
    I've used this to get rid of an icon I didn't want in control panel.

No problem.

As a test I re-created theciscokid's problem :) the joys of madness!

Advertisement