Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Geting rid of those purple marks under your eye?

• 21-12-2002 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

I've had these dark purple marks under my eyes for years now. They are not actually bags but a really dark shade of purple which on normal people are either a light yellow or white but make me resemble a terminal junkie or someone who has just been punched in both eyes. Anyone know how to make them vanish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Gosh, I think that is a very tricky one.

Do you sleep well? Do you eat 3 times a day? Do you drink or take drugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Well staying up all night drinking more than three times a week would deffo cause that on anyone, drugs, including hash would cause that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

Long sleep. Long long sleep. i get em to sometimes, they come and go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Try going for some long walks... might be something to do with not enough sunshine (I'm probably wrong).

Eat healthy food and give up the smokes (Had them too, gave up smoking and they're kinda gone, just have permenant pink eye now! lol thats from staring at the screen too long).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

i was suffering from bad itches about a year ago and i had the same problem with the black bags under the eyes.... i began taking vitamin a suppliments, the itchey rashes went but so did the bags, i dont know whether it was co-incidence or whether it actually done something, i have them again and i ament taking the vitamin a things....... so maybe their worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

my theory is that they never go away. ive had them for years and i dont drink, smoke, do drugs and always eat and sleep well.

be prepared to be plagued for the rest of your life, or you could get a really good concealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wear make-up? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I'm a relatively healthy guy, get an average of 7 hours sleep weekdays and 9 at the weekend. I have not drank alcohol in three months and when i do drink its no more than say 5 pints maximum, i dont even drink tea or coffee and have never touched drugs/cigarettes. But for some bizarre reason i have these purple marks, not bags as some of you suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

do you have really pale skin? cause i do and im pretty sure thats what makes them more prominent than other peoples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I have the same thing as caesar. I don't drink, don't smoke or do drugs to any extent, walk for about 45 mins a day, and i still get this purple colour under my eyes (no bags).

I drink a stack of water and get 7 hrs sleep min too, can't think what could be causing them. Maybe something to do with circulation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Alas I have them too. Rarely drink, don't smoke or do drugs. In many cases they can be hereditary. I find lack of sleep definitely makes them worse.

I agree that being a whiter shade of pale (as I am) makes them more obvious. It kind of rules out the usual cosmetic advice to use a yellow toned concealer too. Boots do a pinky toned one which helps a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I kind of have the lightly black bags under my eyes.. I suppose I do get enough sleep at the end of the week, but I smoke & drink a lot
    also also do drugs(hash,pills and cocaine) but by some of the posts here... it doesn't look like any of the above I metioned has anyhting to do with them, in all I think its lack of sleep/lazyness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

http://www.hps-online.com/nbagman.htm

You may find an answer there.

I have small purple marks under my eyes aswell they generally arent that noticable unless you look for them, but ie I got a fright when i woke and saw them last new years day, up all night, drinking/drugs smokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

lol did you click on the 'cure' link? You have to buy something. Great! :)

Len - i'm sure abusing drugs like you are is hardly improving your complexion and knowing a couple of people who regularly do those same drugs, they have pretty ****ty skin and purple/redness under their eyes.

Advertisement